Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to turn off animation when opening apps on 4.3.3

    Before I updated to 4.3.3.
    In settings there was an option to go to developers options and there I went to turn off the animation when opening apps to speed up the phone.

    I notice now on 4.3.3 there is no more developers options.

    Is there anyway to turn it off?


    Thanks

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,249 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: How to turn off animation when opening apps on 4.3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    Before I updated to 4.3.3.
    In settings there was an option to go to developers options and there I went to turn off the animation when opening apps to speed up the phone.

    I notice now on 4.3.3 there is no more developers options.

    Is there anyway to turn it off?


    Thanks

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Settings>About device>tap build number several times. That will bring back developer options.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How to turn off animation when opening apps on 4.3.3

    To unlock the Dev Options menu, go to Settings -> About Device. Then tap on Build Number 5 times.

    Back out of the About Device menu and you'll see Dev Options back.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: How to turn off animation when opening apps on 4.3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
    To unlock the Dev Options menu, go to Settings -> About Device. Then tap on Build Number 5 times.

    Back out of the About Device menu and you'll see Dev Options back.
    Thanks alot. Worked.
    Didn't know about that. Is there a way to remove if I don't want the developers options? Tap again 5 times?

    Thanks for your time

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How to turn off animation when opening apps on 4.3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Settings>About device>tap build number several times. That will bring back developer options.
    Thanks. Worked.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: How to turn off animation when opening apps on 4.3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    Thanks alot. Worked.
    Didn't know about that. Is there a way to remove if I don't want the developers options? Tap again 5 times?

    Thanks for your time

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Go into developer options, and at the top, there is a toggle to turn them off

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. No 5.1 audio with Netflix on Chromecast
    By Rick Bell in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 03:35 PM
  2. how to snyc the tablet 10.1
    By capsfloyd in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
  3. unable to attach photo in email or text
    By w4rwf in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 07:22 AM
  4. Which ROM to flash, and why?
    By maxell100 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 11:58 PM
  5. any app
    By golauncherhelp in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions