Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO - samsung note 2

Hi, I bought a Samsung note 2 in july 2013. the screen was flicking and phone was freezing, then the screen didn't show anything. I took it to **** smith and they said take it to service centre. so did that. then they said it was liquid damage???? which is weird because its never been in water. so I went to the service centre to collect my phone cos I wanted to take it back to **** smith as they should have taken care of it as the supplier. took it back to **** smith - they said they can't do anything cos its liquid damage, and they suggested to get a second opinion. so took it to a technician and they said there is no way Samsung even looked at the phone and took it apart as the screws and everything are perfect - and there is no liquid damage from what he could see, the only thing it looked like was the screen needed replacing...... and now my phone has no signal with any network... so my question is what should I do??? take it back to **** smith to ask them to try and fix? or take it back to Samsung service centre? please help

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: HELP DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO - samsung note 2

Wherever you took it.....something smith? I don't know what that is or if you're using a word the forum has filtered out but anyway I'd suggest contacting Samsung.

The carriers I'm familiar with won't touch a phone under warranty if water damage has been notated to your acct.

By any chance did you have insurance? If so you may consider gong that route if the phone you currently have is useless.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yes it is an electrical store in aussie. im just annoyed that Samsung are saying its water damage and the technician is saying its not. and **** smith just refuse to have anything to do with it. i do have contents insurance - might be the best bet as i have got no where with **** smith and Samsung as they are both passing the problem on!! thanks for your reply

hey man
    try to get a Stat Dec from the technician post offices have these forms for a couple of bucks
    Go back to "Richard" Smiths with it & tell em to get it sorted
    Contents insurance may be the other way but have a crack at the store
    Good luck either way
    Cheers man

Sent from my GT-N7105T using AC Forums mobile app