Note 2 reboots twice on every start up, can't figure out why

Kdubbn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
So I'm pretty sure this is an app issue but, I don't know, here's what's happening: I have a Note 2 4.3(a refurb from AT&T replacing my beloved Note 2 that was almost a year old) which had a charging issue and strangely enough the same double reboot thing I'm having concerns about now. I haven't factory restored, but have removed the last 4 apps downloaded even though I can't boot into safe mood so I can't test out if a third party app is causing the problem or not (I'm assuming I can't load into safe mode because of the second boot up thing, could be completely wrong there though) When this started it had been roughly 3 weeks since downloading anything, but since it's happened on both Note 2's it has to be something I'm doing right? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert on your issue, but logically, it would seem that it's an app (or combo of apps) that is causing the problem. I'd try resetting it to factory and don't load anything. If it runs ok for a couple of days, load only the mainstream, popular stuff and see if it's OK for a few days. Then, keep a record of more obscure apps that you load, loading only 3 at a time.

You might also list all of your apps here, on the off-chance that someone will read it and go "aha!" there is the culprit.

Good luck! gotta be aggravating...

The other option, if you don't want to spend time resetting to factory is to not reboot very often.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
That does sound like a strange issue. If you don't want to do a factory reset (which is pretty drastic) start by removing the apps you use the least. after you've removed a few (say 4 or 5) do a reboot to check. Work your way through your apps from least used to most used. Although if you're saying it's happened on your previous Note2, there has to be a common thread between the 2. And it could very well be an app.

As far as you doing something wrong, I don't see how you could manage to force it do double reboot every single time you power it on.

If you manage to get through all your apps and it's STILL doing it, I would backup your data but before doing a factory reset, make sure that you double check your settings in your Google Account. I'd make sure that your apps are NOT set to auto-restore, and that any other device or app settings are NOT set to auto restore. If it was mine, at this point the ONLY update I would want to see happen is any OS update from your carrier (AT&T) or updates to the pre-installed Google apps.. I wouldn't want Google to be pushing all the previously installed apps back or the info tied to them. Once everything has settled down (OS and Google app updates) I'd do a reboot to check things out.

It may also be worth your time to chekc with your carrier to see if it's a common problem. They may or may not acknowledge it even if it IS a common issue, but its worth a shot

Kdubbn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well problem solved, but I still don't know why this happened twice now.
So I removed the lady 5 or so apps I added, none of witch were on my previous Note 2: problem still there.
Cleared the cache partition: problem gone
Being the obsessive nerd that I am :) I'd still love to know what caused this. I always check reveiews before adding an app and nothing like this was mentioned. Plus I really don't know what app caused this since clearing the partition ended up doing the deed.
I'm stumped. Oh well. I'll survive :p
Thanks for your ideas guys!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34