SD card stops responding within 20 seconds of files copying process.

Navaid Zafar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I am extremely frustrated. I had bought a 64gb sandisk a month ago. It worked fine for two weeks and then around 20gb o my data inexplicably got corrupted. I formatted and everything. Now when ever I try to transfer data to my card via laptop the process stops within 20-30 seconds and I receive 'device has stopped responding' message.EVERY TIME! I have scanned for viruses and what not but nothing happens.Felllike crushing the blasted thing with a hammer:X Could someone please help?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Note 2 (actually all newer Samsung phones) and SanDisk cards, especially the Ultra line and even more if your card was built prior to 2012, don't seem to get along. My Note 2 fried 3 cards until I just gave up. S4 fried one. Note 3 has one down already.

Try copying the files to the SD card in a computer card reader. Can you do it? If so, your card is not entirely damaged. But if that has started happening to you, I'd recommend you either get a new card or just stop using SD cards with your phone. A 'faulty' card is also a HUGE battery drain as it'll start unmounting/remounting itself randomly throughout the day, and the media scanning process will go through the roof, sucking your precious battery especially if you have a lot of files in your card.

And I'd DEFINITELY either stop using the card to store camera pictures or make sure that they're being uploaded to Dropbox/Google Drive at least. That's how I learned that my Note 2 had fried my card: Half the pictures from a trip were either gone or corrupted. Thank Jebus for Dropbox Camera Upload (but even then some didn't make it as the ORIGINAL file was corrupted from the moment the picture was taken).

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with a no name card. Since getting a SanDisk I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had problems with a no name card. Since getting a SanDisk I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Keep an eye out though. Mine was ok at first and then I kept getting mount/unmount random messages. Then I reformatted several times. Then, it wouldn't see my card at all. Finally, I just replaced my Sandisk card with a Samsung sd card and it's perfect. Something in the Note 2 just does not play well with Sandisk cards.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's actually known by both parties. SanDisk will even replace your card if you say you were using a Samsung device and the card was manufactured prior to 2012, no questions asked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87