Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HeXeN_Overlord
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage On Encrypt Device Option HELP

I have a Note 2 with the latest 4.4.2 firmware. When i go to security - Encrypt Device then i only have the Password option available, All other (including none) are greyed out with the words "disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage"

Things i have checked:
    - The SD card is not encrypted at all (it says "SD card encryption is disabled" on the Encrypt SD Card screen )
    - Device Administrators are all unchecked
    - My Credentials are cleared (infact the "clear credentials" option is greyed out and there is nothing under user credentials)
    - There are no VPN's on the phone
    - And no security software has been installed on the device

Pls can someone help me?
    Eduardo Fontana likes this.

Default Re: disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage On Encrypt Device Option HELP

I have the similar problem and try to do a factory reset and it still not helping.

Default Re: disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage On Encrypt Device Option HELP

Set a password. I don't know about your phone. ..but I encrypted the s.d. card on a blackberry. ..when I had to factory reset it won't read the previous encryption.

I have the same problem. I tried everything. Nothing works. And my phone is new... I didn't do anything to it. Even restoring to default doesn't fix. It's like it has its own will.