Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Downloaded KitKat now my phone is broken.

So this morning I was using my phone, and noticed there was an update. I downloaded it and let it do its thing. I cam back to my phone an hour later and it was off. I pressed the power button and I get to the white "Samsung" letter but then the screen goes black. There are no lights or anything.

I can get to the recovery menu, and I have tried clearing the cache, and then even hard resetting and clearing the cache. Nothing works. I cannot get past the white letter screen. Also when I plug in my wall charge it goes to the battery icon but it freezes and is unresponsive.

My phone is not jail broken or modded in any way. Its from rogers and I have never tinkered with it other then the usual updates. I have never had a problem with this phone until this update.

Help?

Default Re: Downloaded KitKat now my phone is broken.

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you tried hard resetting, do you mean a full factory reset from the Recovery Menu?

I have had pretty much the exact same issue with my Note, have tried the same things and yes I did do a factory reset. My phone continues to only turn on to a black screen with a white Samsung note lettering on it.
    Any suggestions would be great!
    Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

SO I managed to fix my phone, but only by downloading the original Jelly bean rom, and odin flasher. Flashed my hpone and got to jelly bean, but now I can only update through my pc....my phone is now a "modified device". I was able to download kitkat through kies and it works fine now.