Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is "keeping requested music"

Get this message on boot up since KitKat. that message shows up briefly at top of screen but there is no notification per se. is this some nonsense from Play Music? I wish I could ditch PM, as I rarely use it and it often shows as a running app and consumes some battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: What is "keeping requested music"

Do you have any music pinned on Google Play Music? If you've never pinned anything, it presumably isn't keeping any music on the device. If you don't use Play Music, you could always Disable it in the App Manager. Then it won't open in the background.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Do you have any music pinned on Google Play Music? If you've never pinned anything, it presumably isn't keeping any music on the device. If you don't use Play Music, you could always Disable it in the App Manager. Then it won't open in the background.
    I've no idea about pinned music. Where would I see that?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Open Google Play Music. On the top of the screen, you should see "All Music" or "On Device." If it says "All Music," tap it and select "On Device." Then go to My Library and see if there is any music locally on your device (music that is only in the cloud will be greyed out). If you see some music stored locally, tap the 3 vertical dot menu button associated with it, look for the Keep on Device selection, and tap the pin icon such that it is no longer vertical. This will remove the music locally, but if it was originally in your cloud library, it will remain there.
    1812dave likes this.