Can't link Twitter to Instagram

anon(6137873)

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello Android Central Forum! I'm a new user of the Note 2 (from an iPhone). :) I've tried to link my Twitter on my Instagram account but encountered an error to check the Username and Password I entered. I'm sure that I've enteted the correct details but I still encounter this error. I've checked the FAQ/ Help of Instagram and the Note 2 isn't included. I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall Instagram and even older versions of Instagram to no avail. Hope someone gets to enlighten me on this and find a workaround. :)

Screenshot_2014-07-03-14-51-54.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

anon(6137873)

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I got to fix mine by changing my password. Apparently, an asterisk on my password for Instagram caused the problem. Though for iOS asterisks are okay to use on passwords.

mitchiemeow

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
You are a genius! I am encountering the same problem from my Nexus and then again when I switched to Xperia C3. I changed my password like you did, and BAM! I'm logged in. Thank you!:D

jdesignz

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I cannot link my Twitter on my Asus Transformer or any android devices including my BlackBerry Passport. I know the solution is to change password and get rid of special characters but thinking my Twitter is connected to other apps, it worries me that it could cause disconnection issue. I hope Instagram can find a fix for this asap!

unmultimedio

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Awesome. Actually issues are with both passwords, Twitter and Instagram. I had both with special characters, I changed both, logged in again, link the accounts, and changed passwords the way they were again. The link was kept. Thanks a lot for the piece of info! :D:D

JaiHook

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I am happy I found this thread. It has been driving me nuts that I couldn't connect my Twitter and Instagram. I changed my password to remove special character and that did the trick.

zacchaeusn7

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey Liezette, this is my second attempt at writing you here. AndroidCentral keeps saying I'm too new of a member to comment, or something like that. Anyways, I created this account just to reply to you. I've been searching for how to connect my Instagram account to my Twitter account on Android for almost a year. No one is really offering a solid solution, and all are speculating, except for you! Thank you so much and if there's anything I can do for you regarding software, SEO, social media, WordPress, or any of my other skills, let me know. I'm happy to help. I wish you the best. :)

Aster Lou

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
OMG!!! Thank God I found this post! I've been going crazy for almost more than a year linking my twitter account on my Instagram. I actually created new twitter accounts to link and all of them contain an asterisk in my password. Now I've changed it, and voila!!!!! It went through! I can't thank you enough for sharing this help!!!!!!!!!! Super thanks!!!!!!!

Samrajb

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
geeze, you'd think they'd fix this by now huh? Or even respond to my many queries?

I have had this problem since I had to do a factory reset on my phone a week ago. My passwords haven't changed and the accounts were linked 2 years ago. Inamstagram's "help" is helpless.

anon(6137873)

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey Liezette, this is my second attempt at writing you here. AndroidCentral keeps saying I'm too new of a member to comment, or something like that. Anyways, I created this account just to reply to you. I've been searching for how to connect my Instagram account to my Twitter account on Android for almost a year. No one is really offering a solid solution, and all are speculating, except for you! Thank you so much and if there's anything I can do for you regarding software, SEO, social media, WordPress, or any of my other skills, let me know. I'm happy to help. I wish you the best. :)

Hi zacchaeusn7, you're very much welcome and I appreciate your effort to extend your thanks to me :D

anon(6137873)

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. I cannot link my Twitter on my Asus Transformer or any android devices including my BlackBerry Passport. I know the solution is to change password and get rid of special characters but thinking my Twitter is connected to other apps, it worries me that it could cause disconnection issue. I hope Instagram can find a fix for this asap!

True, it's very much of a hassle, but I don't have much device to change my password on so it wasn't much of a difficulty on my end but I do hope they fix this.

elijahbee

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! I've had this issue for a very very very long time and you helped save the day!!! Thank you so much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX