Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By liezette
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't link Twitter to Instagram

Hello Android Central Forum! I'm a new user of the Note 2 (from an iPhone). I've tried to link my Twitter on my Instagram account but encountered an error to check the Username and Password I entered. I'm sure that I've enteted the correct details but I still encounter this error. I've checked the FAQ/ Help of Instagram and the Note 2 isn't included. I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall Instagram and even older versions of Instagram to no avail. Hope someone gets to enlighten me on this and find a workaround.

Can't link Twitter to Instagram-screenshot_2014-07-03-14-51-54.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Can't link Twitter to Instagram

I cannot find a fix anywhere..but for apple devices..ugh mania
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I got to fix mine by changing my password. Apparently, an asterisk on my password for Instagram caused the problem. Though for iOS asterisks are okay to use on passwords.
    Thanked by 2:
    zacchaeusn7 likes this.

You are a genius! I am encountering the same problem from my Nexus and then again when I switched to Xperia C3. I changed my password like you did, and BAM! I'm logged in. Thank you!

Same issue here. I cannot link my Twitter on my Asus Transformer or any android devices including my BlackBerry Passport. I know the solution is to change password and get rid of special characters but thinking my Twitter is connected to other apps, it worries me that it could cause disconnection issue. I hope Instagram can find a fix for this asap!

Cool Re: Can't link Twitter to Instagram

Awesome. Actually issues are with both passwords, Twitter and Instagram. I had both with special characters, I changed both, logged in again, link the accounts, and changed passwords the way they were again. The link was kept. Thanks a lot for the piece of info!

I am happy I found this thread. It has been driving me nuts that I couldn't connect my Twitter and Instagram. I changed my password to remove special character and that did the trick.

Hey Liezette, this is my second attempt at writing you here. AndroidCentral keeps saying I'm too new of a member to comment, or something like that. Anyways, I created this account just to reply to you. I've been searching for how to connect my Instagram account to my Twitter account on Android for almost a year. No one is really offering a solid solution, and all are speculating, except for you! Thank you so much and if there's anything I can do for you regarding software, SEO, social media, WordPress, or any of my other skills, let me know. I'm happy to help. I wish you the best. :-)

I already changed both passwords but why I still can't link both accounts? I'm about to give up guys help me

Thumbs up Re: Can't link Twitter to Instagram

OMG!!! Thank God I found this post! I've been going crazy for almost more than a year linking my twitter account on my Instagram. I actually created new twitter accounts to link and all of them contain an asterisk in my password. Now I've changed it, and voila!!!!! It went through! I can't thank you enough for sharing this help!!!!!!!!!! Super thanks!!!!!!!

Only changed the password of my Twitter, and it worked. Did you removed the special characters?

geeze, you'd think they'd fix this by now huh? Or even respond to my many queries?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetar View Post
    geeze, you'd think they'd fix this by now huh? Or even respond to my many queries?
    I have had this problem since I had to do a factory reset on my phone a week ago. My passwords haven't changed and the accounts were linked 2 years ago. Inamstagram's "help" is helpless.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Sorry theonlyxcpshan I haven't checked my post so I'm only replying after 4 months. ✌ you don't have an asterisk on your password do you?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by zacchaeusn7 View Post
    Hey Liezette, this is my second attempt at writing you here. AndroidCentral keeps saying I'm too new of a member to comment, or something like that. Anyways, I created this account just to reply to you. I've been searching for how to connect my Instagram account to my Twitter account on Android for almost a year. No one is really offering a solid solution, and all are speculating, except for you! Thank you so much and if there's anything I can do for you regarding software, SEO, social media, WordPress, or any of my other skills, let me know. I'm happy to help. I wish you the best. :-)
    Hi zacchaeusn7, you're very much welcome and I appreciate your effort to extend your thanks to me
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Aster Lou View Post
    Only changed the password of my Twitter, and it worked. Did you removed the special characters?

No, I just removed the (*) on my password
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Samrajb View Post
    I have had this problem since I had to do a factory reset on my phone a week ago. My passwords haven't changed and the accounts were linked 2 years ago. Inamstagram's "help" is helpless.
    I like your last sentence. Lol but yeah, not helpful.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by jdesignz View Post
    Same issue here. I cannot link my Twitter on my Asus Transformer or any android devices including my BlackBerry Passport. I know the solution is to change password and get rid of special characters but thinking my Twitter is connected to other apps, it worries me that it could cause disconnection issue. I hope Instagram can find a fix for this asap!
    True, it's very much of a hassle, but I don't have much device to change my password on so it wasn't much of a difficulty on my end but I do hope they fix this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Thumbs up Re: Can't link Twitter to Instagram

To everyone who found this post helpful, you're most welcome!