Disabled Gallery prior to 4.4.2 update- can't turn back on.
I've used Quickpic exclusively for years on my Android devices, to view and edit or delete photos. I've always disabled the Gallery app since I saw no need to have it taking up resources.
Fast forward to yesterday when I finally decided to install KitKat on ny Note 2 after declining it for about a month. Normally, when I do major updates to my devices, I turn back on all my disabled apps prior to the update to prevent any conflicts or issues. Unfortunately, I forgot to do this yesterday when I installed the update.
Now I want to turn Gallery back on to make editing photo names and/or deleting photos easier. When I go to my "Turned Off" apps, this is what I see:
As you can see, there is no way to turn it back on, everything is grayed out. ALL other apps in my "Turned Off" section have the turn on option. Since it shows version 4.4.2 I'm guessing it updated, but didn't turn itself back on in the process.
Any ideas how to get it back? I'm guessing a factory reset won't work since the Gallery actually already updated.
- 07-14-2014, 05:02 PM #2
- 07-14-2014, 05:49 PM #4
Re: Disabled Gallery prior to 4.4.2 update- can't gurn back on.
Are you able to Reset All App Preferences? That should universally reenable all disabled apps.
Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
- By Wings_ofIcarus in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2015, 07:49 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 08:56 PM
- By ILowry82 in forum Google Play edition HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 07-20-2014, 09:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum LG G3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2014, 02:38 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 07-14-2014, 01:37 PM