Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't charge my note 2

So my note 2 didn't even want to charge up today. The thing is that 2 days ago, I accidentally slipped my phone inside a warm water bowl and the phone was dipped in for like 1 inch around the usb area. When the phone dipped down in the bowl, the phone was actually charged at the first before I slipped it. Along with the phone, the still-on-charging usb cable was also fell into the water too. I immediately turned off the charger and let it dry with a clean cloth. That's when it started out the problem. Sometimes I can charge my phone when it is still on and some other time it can be charged only when it was turned off. I can still reboot my phone as usual but I think the problem was the phone itself already causes problems. I can still charge yesterday only after I tried to turn off the phone. But today, I tried to charge my phone with several chargers and still won't charge. Anyone please help me??

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't charge my note 2

It takes a long time for the port to dry out. Took mine 4 days. Just leave in a bag of dry rice to see if it helps. You could also change out the charging port if you have knowledge in electronics. There's a how-to video in YouTube somewhere.

Also try putting it in front of a fan for 4 hours. It should be dry by then. Also dabbing alcohol on it dries it faster.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Compressed air helps too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

A. Any water when it evaporates, will leave behind once disolved particals laying on your circuit boards.

B. Alcohol will clean this, if you open it and use a qtip.

C. I belive the power port and speaker phone speaker and mic are on a smaller modular board that is connected to the main board via a ribbon cable.
    This part is easy and cheep to replace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4