Why is my Note 2 shutting down?

Jessica Waltman

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes my Galaxy Note 2 will shut itself down. I will be using it, put it away, go to use it again and it will be shut off. The only way to get it to turn back on is to take the battery out, put it back in, and then plug it in to a power source and wait for it to connect. When it does turn back on the battery is full or almost full. Is this a bad battery or what could be causing this? I appreciate your help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you try a new or different battery? That's the easiest way to test.

It could also be an app that is causing the device to crash. It can be hard to determine which app might be causing the problem, though. Booting into Safe Mode temporarily disables all 3rd party apps until you reboot again, but since the problem only occurs intermittently, this might not be a feasible way to troubleshoot.

Another possibility is a corrupt SD card, so you could try unmounting it (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. Then see if it happens again.

Another general thing to try is to boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition, which doesn't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney