On my Galaxy Note 2, why can't I hear or be heard from callers, or hear a dialtone?

Vraalskies

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy Note 2 - Cannot hear or be heard from callers, or hear dialtone

Hi, I've been having this issue for months and for the most part I didn't care because I don't normally like to talk to others on the phone but my family is starting to get really irritated with me. When I first had the problem I found that I couldn't hear anyone, but they could hear me. Now, I can still listen to music, watch videos etc, this is only a problem for callers. I tried both with headphones in, out, and on speaker and none of that worked. Then shortly after I was having issues with the S voice constantly popping up. After getting that to stop I was no longer able to be heard from callers as well as them not hearing me.
Things that I've tried: Cleaning out the audio jack, playing with the setting for the SIM, turning off the hello google, turning off any motion sensor attributes, doing a factory reset... I have tried literally everything I could find over a dozen forums with no luck. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should try before I bring my phone into a repair shop?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 2 - Cannot hear or be heard from callers, or hear dialtone

Things that I've tried: Cleaning out the audio jack
If it works for music, it's not dirty or defective.

, playing with the setting for the SIM
If it connects, receives calls and makes calls, it's not defective.

turning off the hello google, turning off any motion sensor attributes, doing a factory reset.
None of that should have any effect on the problem.

Then shortly after I was having issues with the S voice constantly popping up. After getting that to stop
How? That could have caused a problem. And a ROM reflash might fix it. (Factory reset simply removes any downloaded apps and any information you put in - it doesn't fix problems.)

Back up everything of importance. Go to a Best Buy and ask where the Samsung Experience desk is. The people there might be able to reflash it for you. Or your carrier might. One or the other might do it for free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz