Data is gs getting automatically lost from memory card. Reasons??

leoavi94

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I am using Samsung Galaxynote 2 and a song 32gb class 4 SD card. A couple of days back, I noticed that something was missing from my gallery and holy ****..all my pics and videos from the camera folder were missing. There were more than 2000 in number and around 10gb in size. But when I checked for storage size, free space was same.. 4GB even after the loss of 10 GB. I recovered them using Recuva. After recovering the data I did a quick format and moved the data back to memory card. Today when i was in the gym, I noticed that songs were getting repeated very frequently and when I checked, I had only 29 songs left out of 550 and again i was left with the same amount of free space as I had before the loss. I tried to recover it through Recuva, but this time I could recover only 121 songs. I use to swap my card between my htc chacha and note 2, but that's not the first time. And when i recover files from my card, the path shown in Recuva is something like this.

G:\? \

Anybody got an idea, what's the matter? I hate SONY and this is a last Sony product that I have bought in my life. It's my 3rd card which I got as a replacement from the company.:'(

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I would dump this SD card and get a reliable brand such as Samsung, Kingston or Sandisk. I have been using a Kingston SD card in my Note 4 and have no problems and have not lost anything on it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sony doesn't make the chips used in the card, only Samsung and SanDisk do - and SanDisk is easy to work with. You can do a live chat on their site. (It's nice if you have problem, but I've been using their cards since people were wowed by a 32 MEGAbyte card, and the only bad one I ever had is an 8GB card that I broke the casing on. It still works, but touching it could destroy it.) SanDisk costs more. They're worth the price, IMO. What I do to my cards shouldn't be done to a data sink, and my 32GB card is still sitting there, taking terrible abuse, after about 15 months.

When prices come down, I'll probably get a 128GB card, so I can turn the 32GB card into an emergency boot card - it's going to be a SanDisk. I don't think I can beat "never had a problem". How much better can it get? (They pay me to take their cards? That's about all that's left.)

(Full disclosure point - I don't even know where they're located. The only connection I have with them is using their cards that I buy at whatever good price I can find on Amazon. I'm just impressed with the cards and the two times I had contact with them - once in a live chat for a quick question, once in an email, questioning bout a seller on eBay. No "read the screen" 'techs' - both responses were from knowledgeable people. Email sent Sunday evening, answer received Monday morning. They just impress me, that's all.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon