My Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-7100) restarts automatically, why and how do I stop this?

May 18, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-7100) restarts automatically

When my Galaxy note II is off .. I just turned it on .. nothing happens after it shows me the lock screen and i swap to unlock .. it restarts automatically and after it reboots without swapping it reboots again .. sometimes it continues rebooting 3 or 4 times ..

I tried normal factory reset ( 2 times ) and i tried hard factory reset .. the same thing happens .. I searched everywhere on internet and i tried all the solutions but non of them works .. not only my Note II but most of them has this problem

In addition , after this problem happens to me and the battery starts draining too fast
I tried everything but nothing changes

this problem happens about 2 months ago

Any other solutions do you have ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-7100) restarts automatically

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11474

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

It might also be worth trying a new battery.

Last edited:
May 18, 2015
Visit site

I run it in the safe mode but as it opens . i just unlock the screen it freezes and reboots and gets me out of safe mode
shall i send it to Samsung services or there is another solution ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't have direct experience with Odin, not having owned a Samsung device. Let me see if someone else has any input.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

It looks as if storage somewhere in the system partition is bad. A used, working, clean IMEI motherboard will run between $75 and $100. Add labor and you're up to perhaps $200. You can buy a good used 7100 for about $200 on Swappa, so it depends on which way you want to go. (Buying a motherboard on eBay can be risky, buying a used phone on Swappa is a lot less risky - the phone you get is usually in better condition than the pictures you see [most people posting on Swappa light their phones so the little dings and scratches REALLY show up - a lot worse than they really are]. I bought one that supposedly [it showed plainly in the picture] had a tiny crushed corner. I couldn't find it, even looking at the picture to locate it, then looking at the phone with a magnifying glass. Maybe the roundness was a little flat, maybe not, it was hard to tell, but the seller lit it so it really looked like a flat spot.)

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for everyone who helped me to solve this **** :)
now it works perfectly without any errors and battery draining reduced ........
Anyway i am going to buy Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge by the end of the month :) but at the same time i will use Note II because it is good but it need someone to know how to use it
Anyway thanks :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad it's working now! What happened--did the flash finally finish?

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Actually , the problem was with my laptop .. i didn't shut it down for more 20hrs ( Downloading and installing GTA V ) :D .. and i didn't apply the windows update so it was lagging and every time i runs ODIN it stuck :D