Help - Note II boot loop into CWM recovery + battery issues, how can I solve this?

mattisrunning

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Help - Note II boot loop into CWM recovery + battery issues

Hi guys, I have a Note 2 with CM 12.1. Recently it had issues where it would run into a boot loop, getting stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" logo, and it wouldn't boot to the home screen unless I plugged it to a cable.

Trying to solve this issue, I decided to boot into CWM recovery and factory reset, wipe out data, cache, and dalvik cache. But in the process I accidentally formatted data and data/media, and lost all my files. Also, when I rebooted the phone it would boot to the Samsung logo and the display would then black out. Furthermore the battery issue still persisted earlier, when I unplug it from the charging cable it would not boot at all.

So I used ADB and pushed the CM ROM file and Gapps file into the sd card. Wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache again, then flashed the ROM and Gapps and rebooted from recovery. However, (with charging cable plugged) it would boot to the Samsung logo, then it would go to the charging animation with the battery. After then it reboots into the recovery.

I have no idea what is going on, it seems to be stuck in a boot loop. I can get into CWM recovery and bootloader all fine, but right now I can't do anything about booting into the home screen.

Please help me identify and possibly solve this issue, and thank you all!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help - Note II boot loop into CWM recovery + battery issues

Hi guys, I have a Note 2 with CM 12.1. Recently it had issues where it would run into a boot loop, getting stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" logo, and it wouldn't boot to the home screen unless I plugged it to a cable.

Trying to solve this issue, I decided to boot into CWM recovery and factory reset, wipe out data, cache, and dalvik cache. But in the process I accidentally formatted data and data/media, and lost all my files. Also, when I rebooted the phone it would boot to the Samsung logo and the display would then black out. Furthermore the battery issue still persisted earlier, when I unplug it from the charging cable it would not boot at all.

So I used ADB and pushed the CM ROM file and Gapps file into the sd card. Wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache again, then flashed the ROM and Gapps and rebooted from recovery. However, (with charging cable plugged) it would boot to the Samsung logo, then it would go to the charging animation with the battery. After then it reboots into the recovery.

I have no idea what is going on, it seems to be stuck in a boot loop. I can get into CWM recovery and bootloader all fine, but right now I can't do anything about booting into the home screen.

Please help me identify and possibly solve this issue, and thank you all!

Welcome to Android Central!

I personally would recommend going back to stock first and then starting from there. You can re root, flash the custom recovery, and then go back to CM if you want.

Check out this guide on how to do a emergency recovery with Samsung Kies.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Cyngn Ray

Official Cyanogen Support
Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Help - Note II boot loop into CWM recovery + battery issues

Hey there, one thing that may help is to move from CWM to either TWRP or CM simple recovery. I have seen many users with issues using CWM at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781