Why can't I factory reset my Note 2?

A

AC Question

i can't factory reset my note 2 phone anymore.

here's the story. i'm currently on the note 4. i still own my note 2 but use it as a media device. things were going smoothly until after a few months i kept getting "touchwiz" errors so i factory reset my phone. things seemed fine after that but i kept getting the factory mode message so i would temporarily shut it off. but last night the phone looked like it reset with the usual boot up screen reading "Samsung Galaxy Note 2." but it was stuck like that. so i attempted to factory reset it and got this on the display:

E:failed to mount/cache (no such file cr directory)
E:can't mount / cach/recovery/last_recovery
E:failed to mount / data (no such file or directory)
E:can't mount / datat/log/recovery_log.txt
E:failed to mount / system(no such file or directory)

and it seems to go on and on and on.

is there anything i can do or should i put this baby to rest?

thank you for your time

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: i can't factory reset my note 2 phone anymore.

Ouch! Could be anything. Have you removed the SD and Sim card and tried a reset again? Did you wipe the cache partition before the reset? Battery fully charged? If the battery is old, it may be indicating a higher charge than there really is. Plug it in, recharge to 100% and try a reset again. Lastly, if your OS is corrupted, a reflash might work. Your carrier might be able to help you do that, or maybe even Bestbuy, or do it through ODIN.

yagcat

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

Hey Nahoku thanks for your reply. Yes I just tried "wipe the cache partition before the reset" but it's just giving me the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen and staying on that. I will try a reflash and if that doesn't work I will take my phone to best buy. I got my note 4 phone from them and actually prefer their services than at the Sprint store.

Mahalo

bkmin1106

May 18, 2017
Visit site

I have the exact same issue on my note2.
Could you please let me know how you solved the problem if you succeeded to fix it.
Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL