Unrooting a Device

Kayfee

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My phone just recently froze and I have been unable to turn it on since. I spoke with someone from Samsung and what they said was that there is rooted software on my phone. I'm trying to figure out why and how this has happened and is there a way to undo it?
So what happened. My phone rang, but it was in the other room, so I missed the call. I picked up my phone to unlock it but it froze halfway between the lock and home screen.
Phone will no longer turn all the way on. It just keeps flashing at the Galaxy Note II (yes, old phone, I know) screen. I can't get to the mode where I can factory reset (volume up, power and home) I was able to get to a DL screen which said:
ODIN MODE
Custom Binary Download: Yes (9 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung Official
The Samsung Agent said it means that my phone is rooted from some app I downloaded. I don't live near a Best Buy and the price just to put the regular software back on is ridiculous because apparently they do repairs that you don't even ask for.
Please can anyone help me?

(I asked in the general room but I decided to make an acct and reask.. Sorry about double post)

Kayfee

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I see people viewing and not responding.. But if anyone wants to help- Update: I downloaded something called Odin3 and supposed stock firmware from sammobile.com to unroot it.
Odin3 says passed but phone still won't start and if I go to the download screen it still says:
ODIN MODE
Custom Binary Download: Yes (9 counts)
Current Binary: Samsung Official

jco4915

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
It means that you are using the official stock rom and the custom binary download means that it is rooted. You will need to unroot it first.