Is the Galaxy Note 2 still a good phone vs today's mid range phones?

lalo82

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I like the idol3 and moto x play. All i need is a good camera for occasional pic or video, social media most of the time, big display for web surfing and long lasting battery. I could maybe use de s pen for editing memes or stuff like that I do on my computer.

All 3 phones are used but in good condition. The note 2 being the cheapest of the three.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And it's the only one with a space to store the stylus. For what you need (pictures on the web are relatively low resolution), it's a good phone, and it's the cheapest. That's the one I'd go with. (Just make sure that you charge ANY ithium battery at 40% or more - or you'll be replacing a lot of batteries.)

lalo82

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Well, you and other two people say to go with it, while a bunch of other people say to forget about it and buy something newer because sooner or later the phone will stop working. What do you think about that?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on the carrier - AT&T is about to switch voice and text from 2G to 3G (around January 1), and I don't know if the 2 supports that - but you can ask at a company store (usually the manager, who gets notified of these things) what their plans are and whether a Note 2 will fit their plans. (My Note 3 will continue to work on AT&T's system.)

mojo1444

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
My advice to you, is to try stick to a phone that is new as possible. Nexus phone's are good in receiving the latest updates. You need to considered the life spam of the phone's the note 2 is entering it's 4th year and by tech standards you're buying a grandfathered device. My note 2 died on me 10 day's ago turns out a motherboard issue which is common for Samsung phone's that becomes unsupported with Android updates. I highly recommend buying a Nexus 5x from LG as you getting a fantastic camera and Android Nougat 7.1 that runs smooth on 32G. Never been happier with this phone. Fortget the stylist pen as it makes no difference having it or not... Think of the eye scanner in note7 it's good to have but people will most likely use the fingerprint scanner coz it's practical and faster. Samsung phone's are full of gimmicks and bloatware that makes the phone's lag and suffer. Any phone that uses Android stock is good and is most likely a Nexus which is cheap and better supportive.

coldspring22

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I used galaxy Note 2, Note 4 and S7. I like Note 2 the best among all of them. Sure Note 4 and S7 camera is better, but for overall utility, extended battery and ease of repair (such as disassembly and replacing broken glass), Note 2 can't be beat and it's still my daily driver. I would take Note 2 over any of Samsung's current phones galaxy s8, s9 etc.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc