Is the digitizer messed up in this Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

Mystery123

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was charging my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using a 10,000 mah battery pack and all of a sudden the screen looks like this now.
It was not dropped and the screen is smooth without any scratches.
Is it easy to fix?
thanks
Here's a picture of how it looks now:
IMG_20170103_110848673-Note2.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
More than the digitizer, the display might be busted (or the display driver/circuitry). If you turn off your phone and then on, do you see any clear images at boot or does it always look like that?

If it's the display/driver, however, it's not an 'easy' fix as it does require you to open up the phone and either replace the whole thing or connect loose wires. I'd recommend you to take it to a repair shop for review.

Mystery123

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
More than the digitizer, the display might be busted (or the display driver/circuitry). If you turn off your phone and then on, do you see any clear images at boot or does it always look like that?

If it's the display/driver, however, it's not an 'easy' fix as it does require you to open up the phone and either replace the whole thing or connect loose wires. I'd recommend you to take it to a repair shop for review.

The screen is always like this.
Never see anything when starting up.
As soon as I turn it on, this screen comes on and stays on.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The screen is always like this.
Never see anything when starting up.
As soon as I turn it on, this screen comes on and stays on.

Then yeah, either the display panel got damaged or the display driver did. A repair center can probably test a temporary panel to see if that's the issue or if it's something else.

Mystery123

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to unlock it using computer? I mean, is there a program that I can enter the pin from computer?
I tried Kies and it never connects. Probably waiting for it to be unlocked.
If I can unlock it, I will transfer all the files and then look for a fix or sell as is.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
SideSync is the only app I know that could do this, but not sure it's compatible with a Note 2 (and even then, it would have to have been installed and activated on the phone first before using it). Are you locked out of the device and the screen is no longer responsive?

If so, the only thing I can think of is to connect a USB mouse using an USB OTG cable, but this assumes you can still see the contents on screen. If you can't see anything but you can still input things, then using an MHL cable to connect your phone to a TV via HDMI would be your best bet to see what you're doing on the TV and having the input on the phone panel.

You can also try unlocking the phone remotely via Google's Device Manager or Samsung's FindMyPhone site.

Mystery123

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Google device manager only has lock or reset option, no option to unlock it.
That's also with the phone that currently has sim card.
I put sim card on the note 2 and google device manager can't find it at all as it needs phone to be on and connected to wifi that I cannot check on this phone as the display is messed up.

Sidesync also just stays at connecting stage.
I think I'll have to trash it as I have a lot of documents in it and don't want someone to get access.
:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12