Unlocking the Note 3
I am with Fido and I'm quite happy with my plan. However, I'd really like the Note 3. So I'm planning on buying one from Rogers or Wind and getting it unlocked.
Has anyone unlocked a Canadian Note 3 to use on a different carrier? Any tips or tricks for this? I assume it should be easy to do, but I'm having a hard time finding good information on it.
My impression is that I won't get any more updates once I unlock the device and switch carriers, but I'm not exactly sure how that works.
- 10-20-2013, 04:29 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Unlocking the Note 3
I recently bought my Note 3 from Telus' online store and I'm with Koodo. Ring that Koodo operates on the same network as it's bigger brother Telus, unlocking it was unnecessary. If decide to buy your phone from Rogers, you won't have to unlock your phone either, since Fino runs on Rogers' network. You will if you chose to buy from any other carrier.
As for unlocking providers, there are a plethora of them on the Internet. Don't bother with trying to get the carrier you buy your phone from to do it as their prices will be much higher.
Posted via Android Central App
- 10-20-2013, 04:33 PM #3
- 10-21-2013, 12:13 AM #4
- 11-04-2013, 10:12 PM #6
- 12-11-2013, 10:51 PM #8
- By Jnorton2724 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 10-19-2013, 03:30 PM
- By casterkb in forum Nikon S800c Android CameraReplies: 3Last Post: 10-19-2013, 07:16 AM
- By luvspuff13 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 10-19-2013, 07:11 AM
- By Nana Helen in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2013, 05:21 AM
- By ZarathustraHead in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-19-2013, 03:58 AM