Network disabled because internet connection is slow (With a Twist)

Bearman9

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
"Just go to WiFi->Settings->Advanced on your Note 3, and disable Auto Network Switch - solves this problem like a boss."

This works, thanks. But what's it for? Looks like they really messed up on 4.3. It's just full of bugs.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
"Just go to WiFi->Settings->Advanced on your Note 3, and disable Auto Network Switch - solves this problem like a boss."

This works, thanks. But what's it for? Looks like they really messed up on 4.3. It's just full of bugs.

I wouldn't point the finger at 4.3 (in this particular case) - it's just the way android handles connection handoffs. It was designed to try and ensure an always connected state, however like many good intentions, this one went bad. Everything depends on the quirks of a particular router, how far are you from it (contrary to what many people think, being right next to your wifi router is worse than having some distance from it).

Posted via Android Central App

Paul Arthur2

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried to turn off Auto Network on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone(Verizon) but I can't seem to locate the option under Wireless => Advanced settings. I also tried the dial method you mentioned but all I get is a Verizon message telling me that the call can't be completed as dialed. What am I doing wrong?

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried to turn off Auto Network on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone(Verizon) but I can't seem to locate the option under Wireless => Advanced settings. I also tried the dial method you mentioned but all I get is a Verizon message telling me that the call can't be completed as dialed. What am I doing wrong?

Not wireless - wifi - these are 2 different menus. Press and hold your wifi icon from your quick access menu, or go to settings->wifi to get there.

Posted via Android Central App

ROBERTPORTER1952

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Did your purchase of a new router solve your problem?

I am thinking my problem is not the phone, but either my wireless router or my cable modem.
I have a Samsung phone and an ASUS tablet. Both are android. Both show strong signal when
I view the router as a potential connection to the router. The ASUS does not have Auto Network
Switch. So, it stays connected to the router. The phone tries to switch. However, neither
have visibility to the internet.

I can reset either the cable connection or the wireless router and I get connectivity again.

I have not read anything else on this thread about the problem being the router or the
internet connection.

mrsmwoods

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree - I think it is a marketing ploy. I have the SG 3 light. It is a PAIN. I bought a $100 router for my home, STILL having the same problem. I did not like my LG because of heating up issues etc, well, I have the same problem with the Samsung, and can rarely connect. VERY aggravating.

KornieDee

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I am also having this problem. I have had the Galaxy S4 for a year now. I am actually on my 3rd (One was stolen, the other just recently decided to go swimming... in the toilet :( )
My first galaxy linked up to all wifi networks like a PRO! no problems , EVER! I got my second, it also did just wonderful! UNTILL, it went through a system upgrade.... then it started NOT connecting to random wifi networks. In retrieving my 3rd (and hopefully last for a while), it too absolutely will not connect to certain wifi networks. I have read and read and read, and this "unchecking the box for auto switch networks button" thing, just isn't valid, as the box isn't even checked. I have tried checking then unchecking and restarting , you name it I tried it... even Verizon Tech support couldn't tell me much :( - yet they never bothered to mention the auto switch button? weird? anyhow I am really keeping my fingers crossed that someone may be able to help!?! :confused:

Melissa Rollins

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Tried everything above and it still wasn't working so I turned off my note 3 and took out the battery for 10 seconds, then turned it back on and worked perfect. :)

Burton Rodman

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Whats the best answer for this problem on the Galaxy Tab 4. (Network disabled because internet connection is slow ) My internet speed is 54mbs That's not as fast as my patience is running out.

gerdd

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Okay, turning off the "Auto Network Switch" worked like a charm on my Note 3 (on the original Android 4.3.) Wonder why ...

I read that option to mean that I want the phone to use the carrier for data if WIFI is not available, not if and when there is no internet connectivity or it is "slow" - whatever the criteria for "slow" are here. It seems we are not told, let alone given the option to adjust this.

I'll have to watch now if (and when) the phone switches. Indeed it almost looks like there is a carrier induced scam going on that says "You aren't buying enough data from us, so we'll teach you ..." In fact, I frequently get scary SMS's towards the end of the month offering me a bigger data bundle.

On the other hand, this only started with my new router - the old one was fried by lightning. But on the new router all my other equipment is working fine - regardless of WIFI or Ethernet cable connection.

One other strange thing: From the moment I connected after turning off the Auto Network Switch all web links wanted me to enter my userid and password - even the advertising and analytics sites that are called by practically all commercial web pages all the time. Fortunately that nonsense stopped after I power cycled the phone. I wonder what is going on here.

Daniel Lee15

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had this problem a few times and it always happens when my phone contract data package has hit its limit. Funnily enough, Tesco set my mobile settings so it looks like they made this happen to gain income on internet over usage...

I phoned them and they obviously were unable to help me...

Fady Anka

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. My sisters iphone 5c works fine, my laptop works fine, and the wired internet is speedy, but even with the auto network setting turned off, my galaxy s4 still refuses to connect. I've had it on the same network for months and just realized that i'm no longer connecting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49