Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using buttons instead of sliders for incoming calls, :? so confused!

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Alright, for anyone who is willing to help, here's the deal:

I just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I can't lie, it's an AMAZING phone. But the one thing that really bugs me about it is that it is using buttons instead of the traditional sliders for incoming calls. Now, if you know anything about Samsung phones you're thinking "What a f*ckin' n00b. He probably has Easy Mode on." Well, clear that thought. Because I have double-checked the settings 10 ka-zillion times, and I am absolutely sure Easy Mode is OFF. I turned it on briefly when looking through settings to find any new things than what my S3 had. But it is using buttons, I am sure of it. This has actually caused a few ****-answers and accidental declines. And what's more, this is the case only on incoming calls, because timers and S Planner alerts still use sliders, and EVEN MORE, my mother also has a Note 3, and HER phone uses sliders for incoming calls. If anyone would please help me on this subject, thank you very much. If it helps, I also use GO Locker and Next Launcher.

Thanks,
Superluig164

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Check your accessibility settings (can be found under the "Device" tab in the main Settings menu) - you probably have "Easy touch mode" turned on - this allows answering calls and doing various other actions, using buttons.

While in there, also go into "Answering/ending calls" and see if the home button answering feature is also enabled.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Check your accessibility settings (can be found under the "Device" tab in the main Settings menu) - you probably have "Easy touch mode" turned on - this allows answering calls and doing various other actions, using buttons.

While in there, also go into "Answering/ending calls" and see if the home button answering feature is also enabled.

Posted via Android Central App

Okay, not to be mean or anything, but clearly you didn't read my post all the way through. Easy Mode is OFF, and so is Home Button Answers Calls. I still don't know what to do!

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I did :) you said easy mode, not easy touch - easy mode is located elsewhere :)

It could be your launcher or go locker - did you try uninstalling them?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

It's under Device >accessibility>easy touch

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
It's under Device >accessibility>easy touch

Just as I was told about not reading the OPs first post, same to you - please read my first post in this thread, where I pointed the OP to this exact menu.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just as I was told about not reading the OPs first post, same to you - please read my first post in this thread, where I pointed the OP to this exact menu.

I see everyone is having a pleasant day in this thread. 👋

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Easy touch mode is off. No, I didn't try, but it was normal even when I had them installed. Not sure what the problem is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae