Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Default Bluetooth killing system sound.

Recently my Note started having sound issues. Every time I connect to the truck or any bluetooth connection for that matter the phone loses system sound. The volume still shows system sound at full but no sound is produced. At times I can turn off bluetooth and the sound comes on, other times I have to reboot the phone to get system sound working again. Notifications and all other sounds work without error. Short of factory resetting the phone and testing, does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Bluetooth killing system sound.

Thank you for posting this! I have been having NO sound issues in YouTube for about a week to 10 days and could not figure out what the problem was. Never had this problem before. (I actually have a Note 2). I had JUST done ANOTHER factory reset (like my 4th in about 2 weeks!) and the first thing I did before I reinstalled any apps was to test my YouTube and I *had* sound.

Started re-setting up my phone (even with MyBackUp Pro this is getting to be a chore) and I'd retest YouTube after every few steps and suddenly my sound was gone but I'd done probably 3-4 different things at this point. I had remembered seeing just the title of your post prior to this happening *again!* and so turned off my bluetooth and voila! Sound was back in YouTube.

Ok, so all you wonderful helpful Android Geeks (said with the utmost kindness in my heart) what's the fix for this? Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Deb
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I may have stumbled across something with this the other day. In bluetooth settings you can choose a sound profile to share call audio and media audio. I had both checked and this would result in the loss of media sound native on the device. If you uncheck this option the media sound loss will disappear. Since unchecking this option I have eliminated my issue anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
    I may have stumbled across something with this the other day. In bluetooth settings you can choose a sound profile to share call audio and media audio. I had both checked and this would result in the loss of media sound native on the device. If you uncheck this option the media sound loss will disappear. Since unchecking this option I have eliminated my issue anyway.
    This must be a Note 3 option, I have a Note 2 with a like issue and I don't have a sound profile setting. All I have are "visibility timeout" and "received files." I don't see the settings you mentioned in the bluetooth or the sound settings.
    Deb
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Must be a Note 3 or depending on your version of android setting. It's a patch though, still doesn't completely correct the issue.

I had the same issue (the sound was actually coming out of the earpiece sound if you listened closely) and thanks to another forum realized that the app causing the issue was text+ - there are settings within the text+ app to correct it but I ended up just deleting it as I hardly (meaning never) used it. Soon as that app was gone bluetooth and audio worked perfectly again as it was before.

I don't have that app.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb