Note 3 Custom ROMs? What works and what doesn't?

Pandaownz

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
First of all, I'm new here on this forum.
I'm apart of the staff of other Android-holic forum from the Caribbean called yosoyandroid.com.

I own the SM N900w8 model from Claro PR, this is also the current canadian variant and ours too on Puerto Rico.

I have successfully flash DarthStalker Note 3 Rom with Compulsion Kernel from xda t Mobile Note 3 forums.

I was wondering what other roms are compatible with our Canadian variant.

Please feel free to share your opinions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Custom. ROMS? What works and what doesn't?

First of all, I'm new here on this forum.
I'm apart of the staff of other Android-holic forum from the Caribbean called yosoyandroid.com.

I own the SM N900w8 model from Claro PR, this is also the current canadian variant and ours too on Puerto Rico.

I have successfully flash DarthStalker Note 3 Rom with Compulsion Kernel from xda t Mobile Note 3 forums.

I was wondering what other roms are compatible with our Canadian variant.

Please feel free to share your opinions.

Welcome to Android Central :)
This is from XDA as well, they mention that some ported ROMs from the T-Mo/AT&T Note 3's work if you flash the correct kernals and/or modems
[Q] ROMs to install on an SM-N900W8? - xda-developers

Pandaownz

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Thanks I have followed that thread very closely and some of fhe posts are just what-ifs. I had Only been able to flash DarthStalker successfully

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks I have followed that thread very closely and some of fhe posts are just what-ifs. I had Only been able to flash DarthStalker successfully

Ah, ok. I only read the first handful of pages and kept seeing that they mentioned ROMs working with certain kernels/modems. Idk, you might have to look at each ROM you're interested in and see if it's compatible since XDA doesn't have a dedicated section for your model number :(

Pandaownz

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Ah, ok. I only read the first handful of pages and kept seeing that they mentioned ROMs working with certain kernels/modems. Idk, you might have to look at each ROM you're interested in and see if it's compatible since XDA doesn't have a dedicated section for your model number :(

Sadly thats the case, so far theres only been one ROM release for the Canadian variant and its a total battery life sucker and has a couple of bugs.

The other ported roms that I have read a supposedly compatible are X Note, Jedi Elite and Wicked Rom. I have personally have not tried any of them yet.

1LostSoulonSpeed

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

i have a N900w8 Hltecan on Rogers and i have successfully Flashed and used VANIR_Hltecan_4.4.2.030714.
had a few launcher issues as i was using next 3d launcher but otherwise pretty kool..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech