KitKat for Canadian Note 3 release date?

tester2013

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Any idea when they will release the Kit Kat for the Canadian Note 3's?

This is my first Android device after coming from 3 iPhones.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Kit Kat for Note 3 release date?

Dude Google is your friend.... Samsung never tells us when the updates will be available, north America is almost always last.... The note 3 has already received kitkat in some European countries and in Asia.... I would expect America and Canada note 3's to see the update sometime this month maybe early next month. ... but that is just an estimation based on Samsung update cycles.

Posted via Android Central App

tester2013

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh and also good to see you have seen the light and came over from crapple products.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks.Lance Hutchison1
..anyways my Note 3 was purchased from a independant store outright and was originally locked to Virgin but they unlocked it at the store with the code..is this still a Virgin phone or considered a (factory?) unlocked...considering the way the updates will be going by each provider..

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Rogers posted and update to their forums, listing the 4.4 update for the Note 3 as "Coming Soon". Hopefully that means we'll see it within the next couple of weeks.

heyjohnnybravo

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Rogers posted and update to their forums, listing the 4.4 update for the Note 3 as "Coming Soon". Hopefully that means we'll see it within the next couple of weeks.

"Couple of weeks" is probably around mid to late March considering the top of the list is already listed as "late February."

Thanks.Lance Hutchison1
..anyways my Note 3 was purchased from a independant store outright and was originally locked to Virgin but they unlocked it at the store with the code..is this still a Virgin phone or considered a (factory?) unlocked...considering the way the updates will be going by each provider..

If your device is truely unlocked you could try checking thru Kies or take your SIM out and try OTA that way via WiFi.

Posted from my TARDIS!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the USA and waiting for this. Verizon is always slow so I'll probably see it in 2015. :(

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

tester2013

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the USA and waiting for this. Verizon is always slow so I'll probably see it in 2015. :(

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

I also think that we will get it by 2015 here in Canada. Weird that Note 2 and S4 are also getting the KitKat update, leaving us Note 3 folks in the dark.

Nanfoodle

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks.Lance Hutchison1

If your phone is unlocked I think you can update in now if you install Samsung Kies. Thats the word on the net anyways.

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

I used to have a note 2 from AT&T that I was using on Rogers. I was never able to update it to 4.3 because AT&T decided to only release the update OTA and not through KIES. So if Virgin decides to put the update on Kies, you'll be fine.

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Alternatively, you can buy a virgin SIM card (might need to be a prepaid card) and should be able to get the ota update. You just need to be on the virgin network for your phone to see the update.

tester2013

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I dont think Kit Kat is released for Virgin as of yet..

Alternatively, you can buy a virgin SIM card (might need to be a prepaid card) and should be able to get the ota update. You just need to be on the virgin network for your phone to see the update.

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
That's probably only for factory unlocked phones. Carrier unlocked phones still need to wake for that carrier to release the update. Rogers now scheduled the Note 3 for late March and the S4 is scheduled for tomorrow.

tester2013

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
That's probably only for factory unlocked phones. Carrier unlocked phones still need to wake for that carrier to release the update. Rogers now scheduled the Note 3 for late March and the S4 is scheduled for tomorrow.

My co-worker got the update on his S4..he is on Fido...still no words on the Note 3..Will I have to wait for Virgin to release the Kit Kat or can I update when Rogers releases it...my phone was initially locked to Virgin and I believe its a Carrier unlock..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance