KitKat on Rogers Note 3...any news?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Screw that. This is obviously my own opinion but they can keep the update!
I am not planning on getting 4.4 until they sort out some of the issues.
The Rogers 4.3 build is a great build. I haven't had a single problem at all. Why fix what's not broken.
And to answers your question... It's still coming soon...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

xkon

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just restored/unrooted my Rogers note 3.. checked updated and KIT KAT finally! Same one i got on the S4 a few days ago.

Last edited:

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, looks like it's getting sent out now.
A buddy of mine in Alberta got it yesterday. So I check today and I am getting it here in Manitoba. Same goes for my wife's S4.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

kbo911

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I noticed a notification for the update. I'm with fido. I didn't update because I hear to many negative issues with it. Anyone have problems that they can't resolve? I have a note 3 locked to rogers.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a notification for the update. I'm with fido. I didn't update because I hear to many negative issues with it. Anyone have problems that they can't resolve? I have a note 3 locked to rogers.

Yeah, this is what is stopping me as well. Obviously the problems are hit or miss, but I still don't want to take the risk.
The Rogers 4.3 build is perfect right now for me. No complaints.
Check out the thread in the general Note 3 forum, where are a few people have chimed in with their findings. There are a couple people mentioning battery problems!

viren89

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I , downloaded the update but whilst it was downloading I wanted to read about the features and learned that it has some problems.

I am with Rogers unrooted and stock. (Intend to keep it this way)

My biggest fear is losing Camera's ability to save photos on the SD card and being able to save media files on SD card. I may have interpreted that wrongly but could anyone confirm this ? Apparently

I cannot save data from the apps onto SD card ?? For example if I am saving something from Zedge would it save on SD or my phone ?

Also, since I downloaded the update can I somehow delete it ? otherwise I would keep getting the notifications of installing it ???

Thanks in advance

viren89

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah , I just went ahead with the update and everything is fine .

Battery life seems to have improved but I wish they had given option to change the top status bar icon colors instead of just going with white.

So fingers crossed for now.

heyjohnnybravo

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
If you guys are really afraid of SD card issues you could back up all your stuff and just reformat it after the update.

Mine went through without a hitch but I did back up to be safe :)

Posted from my TARDIS!

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was originally worried about the SD card issues. There now seems to be more battery and lagging issues more then anything.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was originally worried about the SD card issues. There now seems to be more battery and lagging issues more then anything.

Are you serious? My Note 3 is lasting LONGER after the update.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong. For the majority the update is probably working wonders. But there are also a bunch of problems happening.

kbo911

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I still didn't update and part of the reason us because I bought my note 3 privately, therefore if something goes wrong I can't go back to my carrier to exchange it. I'm not sure if samsung would be any help😞

Bobs Toronto

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Works perfectly...
Gotta do a few things after install to run smoothly
A) Clear Cache B) Reboot, after taking battery.
I had problems in Calls not hearing my voice after about 10 min. Did factory Reset. Installed all apps again. Backup with Kies

No Battery Issues but in 4.3 also I turned off / disabled many features... incl Location Services, Google+, Printing, etc.
SD Card is working as usual with many Apps moved to SD card.

No big difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax