Note 3 SD card problems

just2wikid

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody,
I'm having an sd card issue with my Telus Note 3. My external 32gb card was working flawlessly until about a week ago when I got a notification that said, "Blank SD card or unsupported file system". When I clicked on it, it wanted me to format my card. Not wanting to lose everything, I took it out and plugged it in in my iMac and was able to back up all my pics/music ect. So it seems like there was no issue with my card as I put it in my wifes S3 and it works fine in there. Before I put that card in my wifes phone, I put it back in my Note 3 and it gave me the same message. I clicked format and it ended up giving me the same message. I bought a new card, tried it and same thing. Anybody got any ideas what is going on? I've had my phone for 32 days now so they want me to send it in to be fixed :mad:. Anybody know if this is a software issue or is it the phone and if there is any fix for it. Thanks!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If 2 cards work on the s3 but don't on your note 3 then probably a problem with the sd card mechanism in the phone. Not sure how things work in Canada, but in the US, carriers will send you out warranty replacements and then you just send back your defective phone.

Going through Samsung, they will ask for you to send it to them for repair

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

just2wikid

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm running 4.3 right now. And as for the providers here, they do not send out warranty replacements. I have to send it to Samsung and get my own replacement while it's gone. It will really be a **** off if I have to go that route as the phone is only 32 days old and you can do a warranty exchange before 30 days :mad: