Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Email app showing emails as unread even though they have been on my desktop

Hello
    The problem seems to have started about a week ago - perhaps when my Note 3 was updated to Kit Kat? The email syncing function no longer seems to work - I am receiving all my emails as per before, however, the ones that I have already read on my Mac desktop are showing up as unread on my Note 3, even though they have been read. So, the indicator just kept getting higher, ie, up to 160 unread emails, so I sorted by unread and moved them and that seemed to get rid of them for now, but has anyone else experienced this issue? I had no problem at all before. Thanks.
    Last edited by J Wigmore; 04-08-2014 at 07:22 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Exclamation Re: Email app showing emails as unread even though they have been on my desktop

Bump - am I the only person with this issue?

Default Re: Email app showing emails as unread even though they have been on my desktop

I have the same issue with my new Galaxy S5. The gmail app works fine, this is a problem with the built in standard email app.

If an unread message is received by the email app, and then later marked as read by my desktop or other device, the email app does not update the status. Even though it is shown as read on the server, it remains unread on my S5, even after sync.

I'm accessing imap account that is hosted by register.com - I previously used the built in application on the Galaxy Nexus with no issues
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Email app showing emails as unread even though they have been on my desktop

Ok, so it's pretty much the same issue for you. I also have an IMAP account but with different hosting, and the problem seemed to start with the recent update to KitKat. Maybe someone else with the same problem will help us with a fix!

I'm going to post on the S5 forum, I'll let you know if I get an answer there

I'm not getting any replies on my post in the S5 forum, it's already on the second page... here's the link in case you want to bump it

Galaxy S5 - unread email issue
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Done; maybe someone will help us - I have 107 'unread' emails to clear off now...

Same exact issue here: I read my emails on my PC web browser but the emails remain unread in my Galaxy S5.
    This worked perfectly on my old S3.

Go into the application manager and clear the apps cache and it should take care of the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I tried that before; didn't work, sadly...

Exclamation Re: Email app showing emails as unread even though they have been on my desktop

bump!!!!

having the same issue, not getting anywhere. Have installed 3rd party apps but they don't offer the same ease as using the native app. How can gmail have issues on android, this is insane.

Has anyone tried deleting the account and re-adding, has it solved the problem.......I read this suggestions on another post........i am weary of trying this out as I have lots of filters and primary senders set up.......?