Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By darkmage619
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get back to 4.3 on my note 3

Hi everyone,
    I have a note 3 Sm-n900 and I updated to kitkat 4.4.2, but I would like to get back to 4.3 mainly because this update is very laggy and I do not like all the white icons on top, plus my phone freezes all of a sudden. This never happened when I was on 4.3 so where can I download 4.3 stock firmware? Do I flash through Odin? And how do I find out what region my phone was when I bought it? I bought it brand new for $600 it is sm-n900 exynos I put it on T-mobile network carrier. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: How to get back to 4.3 on my note 3

Quote Originally Posted by abarzua21 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have a note 3 Sm-n900 and I updated to kitkat 4.4.2, but I would like to get back to 4.3 mainly because this update is very laggy and I do not like all the white icons on top, plus my phone freezes all of a sudden. This never happened when I was on 4.3 so where can I download 4.3 stock firmware? Do I flash through Odin? And how do I find out what region my phone was when I bought it? I bought it brand new for $600 it is sm-n900 exynos I put it on T-mobile network carrier. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app
    I dont think u can go back to 4.3 because of the bootloader. Have u tried clearing the cache or maybe reset the phone to factory settings?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Hi everyone,
    I have a note 3 Sm-n900 and I updated to kitkat 4.4.2, but I would like to get back to 4.3 because it is a problem with sm card . It does not work with this kit-kat 4.4.2 When I updated it , says no service for my card. I dont know what happens but I think that the problem is kit kat.it has worked before with the 4.3 and now it does not work.It says "NO SERVICE". Please help me. Thank you.

ROM
    Stock

Just go to your service provider and get that fixed....

KitKat is permanent. You can factory reset the phone and you can wipe the cache but there is nothing you can do to remove KitKat and return to Jelly Bean. It has ruined lots of phones and I'm sorry your phone will never be the same.
    tmac7607 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmage619 View Post
    KitKat is permanent. You can factory reset the phone and you can wipe the cache but there is nothing you can do to remove KitKat and return to Jelly Bean. It has ruined lots of phones and I'm sorry your phone will never be the same.
    That's BS... This is how it's done: Return to stock (MJ5) ! WORKS ! - (ATT) Galaxy Note 3 Development - RootzWiki

I have the same issue. My phone updated, and now I can't lock the screen, or use any apps. They all say the apps aren't responding. I'm not sure what's going on. I can't factory reset it either. If I try to restart the phone, it won't turn on but if I take the battery out and turn it on it works fine. If I try to type into google, it will freeze and won't work correctly. I don't know what's going on.