Random error on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Hey guys I need some help...

Every so often, like everyday, a few times a day on my device a popup notification or warning slaps me in the face I can't recall the exact wording on the msg as by the time I have seen it I have either Ok'ed the error or allowed it to do it's thing when the download is finished it and attempts to install what ever this patch of s. I will share more spec below. Now, I have no idea what is causing the error and I don't know how to trigger it. Since I get the error so often, I have become to complacent and just OK or Cancel it and usually pay it no mind it's, however it popped up 3 times today and every day and I really need some guidance getting it to stop..

Detail:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note3
DroidOS: 4.6 Rooted but that I am the stock ROM and I haven't any plans of changing that.
No recent changes. Even with the phone Rooted, I have been able to get some OTA updates and all apps have been able to work.
What could be causing this Samsung error in just new too me.

The error msg say's "An update is required to access Samsung Services" Continue> Y Cancel > By aborting the uinstallation.

I have Zero problems with anything else on the device. All other apps update perfectly fine except anything Samsung, however, I did Root the Note3, and I know that in most cases that kills the OTA updates, but I though that was only if you changed the base ROM. Last night I tried to suck down the latest release / patch (Settings>Device>Status> Check for New Updates and I get an error code 3. This is the same error code I get when I try to update any Samsung app through the Samsung App Hub. Not sure if this is related or not. If this was a Root issue, I would think that other apps would have a problem, but don't. Can you guys offer any suggestions? If there is a way to do something to hide root so that OTA updated work again that would be great.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the latest OTA OS update as an APK so I can try installing manually? Again I do not really want to change to a new ROM. If I had to decide between a new ROM or some how backing out the ROOTing I would do that but I don't think it would be that easy.

Since a Samsung error is popping up, I may have to contact them (shoot me first) but not until I hear from you guys first.

Please let me know if there is any further info you guys may need to help me out, or direct me to some guru's that can... I really need some help here!

Thank you all soo much!

EU

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams