Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I regret trying to root

So I'm following step by step instructions. From installing Odin to stock firmware. Etc.
    What a joke. I get directed to worthless websites that install junk files on my laptop. And this is from this site XDA and other reputable places that people get information and instructions.
    Is there any place to download Odin and stock roms without getting virus pop ups from my computer?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: I regret trying to root

Doesn't seem like there is an option for you since the regular avenues are unusable to you. Sorry but maybe you should just stop trying.

Seems like you have a re-direction virus on your computer. Go to the "Windows" folder then select the "System32" and scan it with whatever Antivirus software you use. Do a system scan after that. Also check your browser add-ons. If you see anything weird for the file name, like for example "846200339442576845" delete it. When it's gone, those links shouldn't redirect you to any weird websites.

I have the same problem. It installed a bunch of crap on my laptop when I tried to download those zip files. Then to make it worse, it order to get the .zip file they wanted you to pay for it. wt heck. Feel like I am being held at ransom or something. If you find out how to get these files without the hassle, please re-post your solution. Thanks

Global Posts
    4,320 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Files to root the phone? Use towel root. You download it from the author's site, it's clean and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    Files to root the phone? Use towel root. You download it from the author's site, it's clean and it's free.
    Agreed, I used towelroot and within 10 seconds I had root and if you need a recovery flashify worked well for me.