Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ROM Malware Called Demo Stub? Can't Delete It!! Please Help!

I did a 360 Security scan yesterday and a malware popped up called Demo Stub. 360 said it could not get rid of it because it is a malware in the ROM and that it would need root access to cleanse it. I did a system restore on it but the Malware still pops up. I then decided to root my phone to allow 360 to cleanse it. It would then cleanse it but a half hour later I would do another scan and the Malware would pop up again! I again cleansed it but it would come again every time after.

Please if anyone knows what this is and how to get rid of it PERMANENTLY, please tell! I appreciate any feedback and I thank anyone in advance.

Default Re: ROM Malware Called Demo Stub? Can't Delete It!! Please Help!

Duplicate post. Refer to this thread: Malware Removal

Default Re: ROM Malware Called Demo Stub? Can't Delete It!! Please Help!

It's not really malware or anything bad. It can't be real because my mom and me both have the LG G Flex and first she saw this on her phone, and as soon as I updated my 360 Security app I see it says I have this Demo Stub thing as well. Has to have something to do with the 360 Security update