Yikes, rooting, should I?
Okay, the first thing I want y'all to consider is I'm not a techno nerd. I have nerd in me but not enough tech knowledge to be nerdy in that area. I had a note 2 until about a month ago. I got impatient for the jelly bean update that gave multi window option and so I rooted my note 2, first and only phone I've ever rooted. Put clean rom 3.3 on it and had the multiwindow function. Loved it. I didn't realize that the update to multiwindow was not nearly as versatile as clean ROMs multiwindow function. Never knew until I upgraded to the note 3. Wow, extremely limitited.
I'm with AT&T running kit kat 4.4.2. First if I root the phone and install a custom rom, will I get the same multiwindow control that I had with my note 2? If the answer to that is yes, does it depend on the custom rom I install and if so, which custom rom should I install? Also, I've seen where it says you can't root a phone with 4.4.2. Is this true because on you tube found an instructional video on rooting an att note 3 with 4.4.2.
- 06-19-2014, 09:24 AM #2
Re: Yikes, rooting, should I?
You don't need to be able to compile an OS to be a root user, most are no more than advanced users that don't mind reading a little. Rooting gives the user more control over the device overall and depending on how far you want to go with it the more you will learn about Android and it's workings. Once you've gotten past the first flash the fear is gone.
The multi window options are awesome with just a stock rooted rom, using Xposed framework there's no limit with it.
Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
- By JimWPan in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 12Last Post: 10-12-2014, 05:53 AM
- By Bittrblue in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM
- By tinker1234 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 06-18-2014, 04:30 PM
- By AndyOpie150 in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2014, 03:40 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 02:07 AM