Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 AOSP Roms

Hi everyone,
    I currently own a galaxy s5 but am making the switch back to a galaxy note 3 (previously owned a note 3) and have noticed that there are now quite a few custom roms out there now for it. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a custom rom as close as possible to stock android that still allows use of the s pen?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: Note 3 AOSP Roms

What carrier are you on? Also does your note 3 have an unlocked bootloader? If so you can flash away to your heart content. .lol Check XDA FORUMS for your make and carrier. .hope that helps just ask and I will try to help bro. ..

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've got the international i9005 model and I'm on Vodafone (I live in the uk). I'm assuming my bootloaders unlocked, the only other phone I've rooted was my galaxy s4 and I just rooted that using odin and away I went lol (I'm not that experienced with rooting). There seems to be a lot of roms around now but I don't want to loose the spen functionality.

Global Posts
    10,564 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

As blackwe387 said, look on XDA. Read the comments in the threads for each ROM and you'll see which ones support the pen and which don't.

There are many Roms that support S Pen functionality that are AOSP based.

CM 11 has an add on in the play store which will allow to use the pen.

C-ROM also has the ability to use the pen although it'll take some time and tweaking to get the settings where you want them.

I recommend the latter because you can customize to your hearts content and it has some nifty little features built in like drawing a gesture to unlock your phone and the pie menu. Which is basically like the air command menu in touch wiz.

Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App