- 298 Posts
General Root And Rom Question
Thinking about picking up an unlocked note 3 from a reputable eBay seller. It's listed as:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Black SM-N900 N9000 (FACTORY UNLOCKED) 32GB , 5.7" HD
I know next to nothing about the note series except that I like the form factor and (reported) battery life, and that I also want to get rid of touchwiz and use cyanogen mod or a more Nexus-like OS. Will this one be a hassle to root and flash a new ROM on? Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Nexus 51+1/Nexus 5
- 07-09-2014, 08:31 PM #2
- 67 Posts
Re: General Root And Rom Question
From what I know many Samsung devices are strongly supported by mods ROMs and rooting methods, I recommend you look at towelroot a bit it was made for the s5 but works with a ton of kitkat devices so just search note 3 towelroot and it should pull up some helpful sites.
And if you want cyanogenmod research the cyanogenmod installer it supports a lot of Samsung devices and it roots it and installs cyanogenmod for you.
(everything I said could be incorrect I'm not to familiar with Samsung phones)
Posted via Android Central App
- By Harley61 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 07-10-2014, 08:28 PM
- By eric0668 in forum LG G3Replies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2014, 09:49 AM
- By madwriter in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:57 PM
- By areeb319 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:15 PM