Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Factory reset after rooting with towelroot

I was planning on doing this root right here for a new Verizon Note 3 with 4.2.2

watch?v=S_wYMmZipcU
    for you tube

If there's anything wrong with this root method it'd be nice to know now so I don't get boned. But I wonder, if I do root, can I revert the phone back to "root normal" or "normal" at will? How do I go about doing that? If I go to the options and choose "factory reset" what would happen? I've been having problems with my phone that requires me to factory reset, so I would like to know so if I need to I can.

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Factory reset after rooting with towelroot

Rooting is a system function, so a factory reset shouldn't bother it.

If you need to put the phone back to its stock condition (what you call normal - actually rooted is the normal condition for Linux, the way it's modified for Android, without root, is an abnormal condition), remove busybox (it should be in /system/bin or /system/xbin) and in SuperSU, go to Settings, then go down to Cleanup and press Full unroot.

If you've installed any apps that need root, uninstall them, but if you've used them to make any changes to the phone, change things back before you uninstall the app that made the change.

Unrooting and factory reset aren't the same thing. If you have to return the phone for any reason, unroot it. If you don't want your personal data left on the phone, factory reset it.

Default Re: Factory reset after rooting with towelroot

I was Concerned about getting an ota upgrade while rooted. Will the procedure described allow the ota to be applied OK?

Posted via Android Central App