My Note3 won't update after Root

A

AC Question

Alright, so my brother rooted my cell phone, Galaxy Note 3, without permission a good while back. I ended up factory resetting it (like an *****), and that seemed to take care of the problem for me. No more rooting app, at least.

But now it won't let me update my software (I'm perpetually stuck in Android Version 4.3), as my device status is set to "custom." I tried the "resetting cache" trick, and I tried factory resetting again. (After, of course, I backed up my files)
No go.
And when I tried to do things like that Wanam Xposed technique, it failed because my phone isn't rooted.

So, before I snap my brother's neck, is there any way I can fix this? What should I do if I want to get my phone updated? (I don't think swapping is an option anymore, now that it's been modified).

Thank you. :')

(Coincidentally, I was no longer able to connect to any Google Apps (Play Store, Youtube, G+), after that kid messed with everything. Every time I tried, it said "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server." If that's related to this, I'd love to know. I've had to resort to downloading APK files to install apps)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz