HELP: Note 3 won't factory reset after recovery image mess up

Nekusta

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So here's the deal: My uncle gave me a very old chinese/korean variant Note 3 (GT N9000 it says) to fix and I thought it best to install CyanogenMod onto it. The USB port doesn't work so I installed Flashify to flash the recovery and rom. In the process somewhere, I seem to have messed up the recovery in the phone. I can't access it anymore. I literally cannot boot in recovery mode and probably because of that anytime I try to factory reset the phone, it just reboots back up just the way it was instead of wiping everything. I NEED to factory reset it somehow since I put in my GMail credentials in there for the time being and now I can't delete them from the phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So here's the deal: My uncle gave me a very old chinese/korean variant Note 3 to fix and I thought it best to install CyanogenMod onto it. The USB port doesn't work so I installed Flashify to flash the recovery and rom. In the process somewhere, I seem to have messed up the recovery in the phone. I can't access it anymore. I literally cannot boot in recovery mode and probably because of that anytime I try to factory reset the phone, it just reboots back up just the way it was instead of wiping everything. I NEED to factory reset it somehow since I put in my GMail credentials in there for the time being and now I can't delete them from the phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!
Unfortunately it seems like you may have flashed the wrong recovery. If this is the case, and you can’t access the device, then your only option is to boot into Download mode and flash from there; however, this needs to be done via usb connected to the computer. You’re option is to repair the usb port and see if that works.

Nekusta

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it seems like you may have flashed the wrong recovery. If this is the case, and you can’t access the device, then your only option is to boot into Download mode and flash from there; however, this needs to be done via usb connected to the computer. You’re option is to repair the usb port and see if that works.

Thanks for the reply! I can still access the device and use it normally. So if I just find the correct recovery and flash it the same way I did before it should work yes?

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
If yoy need to root the phone as an aid, let me know. I have "Kingroot" (the rootware for the SGN3-N9000) ready-to-share from my Google Drive. I got it in advance because I intend to buy an SGN3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci