So now that the Keynote is over, Whats your take?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Now that the SGN3 is a reality. Judging by what we know so far, whats everyones opinion on what was shown? Also who is confident enough based on specs/features/option to pre order?

I am pretty confident myself that this will be my next phone as soon as it launches on Verizon, barring any battery life disasters.

Anyone else?

Specs:

Android 4.3 with latest version of Touchwiz
5.7-inch Super Amoled display, 1920x1080 resolution
3GB of RAM
2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU in LTE variant
1.9GHz Exynos Octa Core CPU in 3G variant
13MP rear camera with LED Flash
2MP front facing camera with BSI sensor and smart stabilization
Full HD 1080p 60fps video recording (4K recording available in some models)
NFC
Bluetooth LE
32GB/64GB on-board storage, expandable via microSD card (upto 64GB card supported)
3200mAh removable battery
microSIM card
S Pen with optimized features - Air Command: Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write, S Finder, Pen Window, S Note, Multi Window, new Easy Clip, Direct Pen Input
USB 3.0/MicroUSB Port
IR Blaster
Available in Jet Black, Classic White, and Blush Pink (Certain Regions)

Last edited:

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I found the presentation to be poor, I watched it from beginning to end. The presentation started on one topic then moved to another, Note 3 details lacked IMO. I was excited at the Note 3, but now that it has been revealed I have lost interest. It seems they just rushed past the camera details, IMO that's a big interest to consumers.

I was waiting on the Note 3 or the next Nexus for my next phone, I guess I will wait on the new Nexus release.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I found the presentation to be poor, I watched it from beginning to end. The presentation started on one topic then moved to another, Note 3 details lacked IMO. I was excited at the Note 3, but now that it has been revealed I have lost interest. It seems they just rushed past the camera details, IMO that's a big interest to consumers.

I was waiting on the Note 3 or the next Nexus for my next phone, I guess I will wait on the new Nexus release.

Despite the presentation, which did stray from topic to topic, what did you find lacking in the Note 3? I can't think of a single thing on my checklist it doesn't have.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I enjoyed the presentation. Not all that crazy clowning around they did for the GS4. I like how it looks, especially the black version. Time to switch back to black, had too many white phones lately.

I am glad that some of the rumors were not true, like the 2.5 GB of ram. Not too sure about the rumor of the phone not having optical image stabilization due to lack of parts. I am guessing the "smart stabilization" is probably a software feature, not sure obviously.

No fingerprint reader. Well, I guess that's one thing iPhone 5S owners might be able to stick into our face. It would have been nice to have I suppose. I would be handy if you could have used it to store your bank account info and other username/password instances so that you don't have to enter that every time when you want to check your account. I am guessing that will be saved for the Note 4 and GS5.

I am happy about the texture leather looking back. It won't scratch as easily as the stuff that's on the GS3, GS4, and Note 2 and won't be as slippery either. I might use this phone without a case (currently using the Seidio Active case on my Note 2), but then again, I might just miss the kickstand too much.

They didn't go crazy with front facing speakers and all the other stuff we have seen coming from HTC and LG, and that's to be expected looking at the rest of their product line up.

Overall, I am very happy, and yes, I will definitely pre order. Last year, Best Buy took forever to get their **** in gear and I had to wait 2 more weeks until after the release of the phone on Sprint, I hope that won't happen again this year.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
They focused on what was new and specific to the Note 3. The camera, and many of the other touchwiz features are for the most part probably direct carry overs from the GS4.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am very impressed. Actually i am surprised at how impressed i am. I wont preorder, but it will definately be a contender for my next phone. It depend on my liking of the size, bootloader unlockable/cracked, nexus 5 on verizon, and if anything else crazy comes out before Christmas. That is a lot of ifs, but I really am impressed lol.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the presentation itself being poor. But the phone itself has pretty much everything i was expecting. I still have a few questions.

Does this have an IR blaster?
Does it have a thermometer like the s4?
What are these back panels going to cost?? After all this is the company that charges 70$ retail for the S view cover.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I would have gotten much use out of a fingerprint reader. I guess it would depend on the implementation of it, as to how useful or gimmicky it ended up. I thought the GS3 face detect unlock was going to be awesome, but because the technology (or at least how it was implemented) was not quite there yet, I ended up never using it. I feel the fingerprint reader would suffer the same fate at this point in time unless it worked flawlessly. The lack of OIS is a huge bummer, agreed. I didn't read that part, must have missed it. I assume there is an IR blaster as one of the programs was WatchOn in the apps folder.

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree about the presentation itself being poor. But the phone itself has pretty much everything i was expecting. I still have a few questions.

What are these back panels going to cost?? After all this is the company that charges 70$ retail for the S view cover.

That's what I was referencing, to many unanswered questions. They could have easily showed a slide(s) with the details.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The spec that matters to me is the S Pen.

Every Note has it. It's the differentiator. I like what Samsung is doing with it. Hopefully, they can minimize any performance issues.

All other "phablets" are just oversized phones.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The only question for me is justifying the retail cost v. Selling my note 2 OR jumping ship from Verizon to t mobile and breaking my contract.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was referencing, to many unanswered questions. They could have easily showed a slide(s) with the details.

Agreed

They showed a spec slide, but it was shown quickly and was not readable on the livestream.

Well Engadget is reporting that the device has an IR blaster, but looking at pictures raised another question.

Why is that port so big? It looks like 2 separate ports, Hopefully 1 is a micro usb and not a proprietary port.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I just watched a video (it's in german) where they answered all those questions. It does have the IR blaster, you can take the back cover off, it does have an SD card slot. The only thing that wasn't mentioned was the thermometer and the barometer. But seeing how the Note 2 had all the features of the GS2, it's safe to say the Note 3 will have all the features of the GS4. I am really happy that they ditched the 16 GB version.

Can't wait to scour YouTube for all the hands on videos I can find!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed

They showed a spec slide, but it was shown quickly and was not readable on the livestream.

Well Engadget is reporting that the device has an IR blaster, but looking at pictures raised another question.

Why is that port so big? It looks like 2 separate ports, Hopefully 1 is a micro usb and not a proprietary port.

That port is called Micro USB 3.0 which is compatible with the last generation.

Oh, and there is no hardware optical image stabilization and also no Xenon flash as some rumors mentioned but instead just your regular LED.

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
It's too small, I'm ready for a bigger phone, even my kids have got used to the size of this, give me a mega with note3 specs

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it had everything I was looking for... will double check some details as they show up, and also will keep an eye out for pricing and colors. Glad for the 32GB base - it's so annoying that the carriers here neglect anything past the base model if they are given the option.

I think I might like the leather look (though would like to see it in person first), but I'm afraid it may be a bit feminine for the general market, so am not sure that will be an overall positive for them. It looks okay on black, but even on the white it reminds me of various women's accessories. I wish the pink option were darker, but if it comes to the US I may still try to find it just because it is a little different at least. Has any site said much about what the fake leather feels like? It is just some sort of texture on plastic or what?

I kind of wish I knew if Google had anything interesting up its sleeve Nexus-wise first... but I suspect I'll prefer this.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It's too small, I'm ready for a bigger phone, even my kids have got used to the size of this, give me a mega with note3 specs

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Seems every site is reporting that the note 3 is more comfortable to hold then the note 2. I have not heard anyone say the Mega is comfortable to hold, so i am glad that samsung didnt get out of control with the size. 5.7 will be a nice bump up for me over my Gnex. I want a big screen, but i also have to be able to handle the phone one handed without a high possibility of dropping it.

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I like everything about the phone but I'm not sure I want to use the S Pen. So does this phone make sense if your not planning on using the S pen?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I did like the S Pen. It seemed pretty cool with the multitasking..

My main question is.. What's the price? Did I just miss it? (I probably did).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae