View Poll Results: So where are you now....

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was getting it..... Still getting it...pre ordered. Or day 1 purchase

44 61.97%
  • Been put off ... Gonna stay with what I got

1 1.41%
  • I need to feel it and see it before committing

18 25.35%
  • Been out off.... Prob get one of the other announced

1 1.41%
  • Was undecided ... But not getting it now

2 2.82%
  • Was undecided and still unsure

5 7.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Poll what your view now it's announced and been seen

So now it's been announced what are you going to do....

The back has put me off personally and gonna consider z1 or htc max and try one in my hand so no pre-order for me...

Default Re: Poll what your view now it's announced and been seen

I am going to wait and play with one in store once it is available on verizon and see. I like what they have done and hope the camera is really good with their image stabilization software. Plus with 4.3 out of the box that is already a plus for it over just about every device other than nexus devices which you cant get on verizon anyway

Not a fan so far of how it looks with the faux leather back, flat ribbed sides, flat ended S-Pen and the camera hump. But I'm reserving final judgement/decision until I can feel/see it in person. Also want to get confirmation of root access. So unlike my Note 2, no pre-order here.

I keep hearing that the back of the phone is getting so much backlash. I know its personal opinion but is it really that big of a deal?

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I know... there's a hundred different backs available for phones... if you don't like this back... just get another one!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Will check it out once it hits VZW stores.

This is the first smartphone ever that I am buying to use for myself sight unseen.

It's just a beast.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....

I'll pass, my next phone won't be a Samsung. Gotta change it up.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I'll probably be preordering on Friday. The back has me a bit skeptical, but so far it seems better than the tired glossy plastic on current Samsung phones. Plus, there's a huge variety of back covers and a case can easily fix any weird feeling.
    Current Phone: Verizon HTC One M8
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro

I'm in!

T-mo Galaxy Note 3
    Wicked Custom Rom
    SaberN3Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by chowdog13 View Post
    I keep hearing that the back of the phone is getting so much backlash. I know its personal opinion but is it really that big of a deal?
    Not to me, but some people, just like to complain about everything, and they have no intention of buying the phone anyway. Haters are just going to hate.
    crester likes this.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Once I read that Verizon is going up first with pre-orders on 9-6-13 @ 9am I put it on my calendar and won't look back. I suspect a bundle requirement with the smartwatch, but I just don't care. I will get them both IF they are going to make it that way. I can always sell the smartwatch or use it.

I'm grabbing money out of the bank so as soon as pre-orders start, I can run into the store and throw my money at them screaming "TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!"
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7
    qxr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Once I read that Verizon is going up first with pre-orders on 9-6-13 @ 9am I put it on my calendar and won't look back. I suspect a bundle requirement with the smartwatch, but I just don't care. I will get them both IF they are going to make it that way. I can always sell the smartwatch or use it.
    I think I am with ya.... 9/6 - you said VZW would get it first, and you were right. I can't wait for this bad boy.

People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....
    Thanked by:
    sprocket2107 likes this.

ROM
    Stock Note 2

Said this in another thread .... I'm in! .... 3gb, 13mp & USB3

Cheers, Jon
    the_stig#WN likes this.

Oh me likey, me likey very much!

Just got my note 2 three months ago and I can't afford the $700+ this will cost. Guess I'll just have to wait for the note 4 running lollipop 5.2.

Looks great! This "phone" really is a beast!

A bit surprised the pleather back is a deal breaker for some. I must be the only one who slaps it in a case and never thinks about the back again - the back could be crushed velvet and dog **** and I wouldn't care - to each his own I guess.

I just got my Galaxy Note 2 a couple of weeks ago and I still plan on buying this shortly after release.
    streetslide and qxr like this.

If it didn't have that damn rear cover design, I'd get it. Fake leather looks bad enough when its vinyl, but even worse when its plastic with fake molded stitches. Everything else is pretty appealing, especially the fact that Samsung seems to be refining it's software instead of throwing a bunch of new garbage at the wall to see what sticks.

I'm just amused that after apple spent all that energy removing skeumorphic design from iOS, Samsung integrates highly skeumorphic designs into the physical design of the new notes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Synycalwon likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I've had the all the iPhone since 3gs and currently on HTC one. Never used a cover why hide something that looks good.

Used to having sealed units so hadn't thought about the back replacement.

Definitely going to be a getting one of the new devices just at the moment between this and really like the look of the z1.

I am going to get this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Not a fan so far of how it looks with the faux leather back, flat ribbed sides, flat ended S-Pen and the camera hump. But I'm reserving final judgement/decision until I can feel/see it in person. Also want to get confirmation of root access. So unlike my Note 2, no pre-order here.
    I'm changing my vote to: Been put off ... Gonna stay with what I got

I don't need to see it in person. I've made up my mind after looking at tons of pictures and hands-on videos all across the Internet. It's purely subjective, but I just don't like the new design, in particular the faux leather back with its fake stitching. It looks too much like some type of purse, and who the hell puts stitching, fake none the less, on a phone???? Cheesy! And before anyone says put a case on it, I hate cases, prefer naked. They would've been better to go with a soft touch backing without any type of stitching. That would've looked awesome and served the same purpose to reduce slipperiness. Unless there is a better back available that doesn't have the faux leather and stitching, I just can't consider this phone.

Second is the rounded flat end S-Pen and the way it sticks out a bit from the edge of the phone. Compare that to the Note 2 where it curves into the edge blending in with the phone itself. Looks so much better IMO.

This gallery of pix from Engadget show a good comparison of the design between the Note 2 and 3:
    Last edited by Synycalwon; 09-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    ROM
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by the_stig#WN View Post
    I think I am with ya.... 9/6 - you said VZW would get it first, and you were right. I can't wait for this bad boy.

Haha I love that you referenced Hannover 96!
    the_stig#WN likes this.

ROM
    AOKP / Franco Kernel

I am only here ( AC forums) when I like something, so hell yeah I am buying! Giving my Note 2 to my mother in law , and looking forward to the improved S Pen !

Sent from the happiest place on Earth

I'm waiting until my contract is up in Feb., but I definitely want it. I could care less about the back of it. I'll keep it in a case anyway.

Very tempted, will wait to see what the nexus 5 specs are like first though, but i do like some of the new S pen functionality...
    I was iOS for many years and recently switched to S4 GPe, liking it and the larger screens too
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast