kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Can we actually use microUSB 2.0 cables in the 3.0 slot or are we stuck buying all new cables?

There is one in the box but yes you can use micro usb 2.0 cables from note 2 or whatever you have but it will probably still be a 1amp or more charger

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
There is one in the box but yes you can use micro usb 2.0 cables from note 2 or whatever you have but it will probably still be a 1amp or more charger

Sorry for the confusion, but are you saying the box will contain a new micro USB 3.0 cable or 2.0 cable?

Seems to be confirmed that the ports themselves are 3.0. I wonder if the cable they provide is of a pretty high quality? :)

Thanks!

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Can we actually use microUSB 2.0 cables in the 3.0 slot or are we stuck buying all new cables?

From everything I've seen and heard, you can still use your 2.0 micro usb cables, in the right side that is still regular micro usb size. Of course you just lose out on the 3.0 benefits.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion, but are you saying the box will contain a new micro USB 3.0 cable or 2.0 cable?

Seems to be confirmed that the ports themselves are 3.0. I wonder if the cable they provide is of a pretty high quality? :)

Thanks!
It should come with USB 3.0 cable. I am sure the cable they provide will be of good enough quality and one that will be able to be recognized by a PC, which a lot of third party cables do not. I just hope it's about 4 feet long.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The unboxing video had a usb 3.0 cable in the box don't know how long it is though

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
FYI folks, don't get excited on USB 3.0 until some benchmarks come around. Also remember that if you have a traditional hard drive your peak performance won't be that earth shattering.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, he has a point. I don't think there is a hidden message there, just a good point. I'm glad as well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, he has a point. I don't think there is a hidden message there, just a good point. I'm glad as well.

Right because you can't buy generic cables for a couple dollars like the 4-5 I have floating around in the house.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Right because you can't buy generic cables for a couple dollars like the 4-5 I have floating around in the house.

Woah there, simmer down now lol. It's common fact that Apple is one of the worst for that. No one else puts a chip in their cable so they have to reverse engineer their proprietary cable in order to make generics. That or go through a special training, lol.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Woah there, simmer down now lol. It's common fact that Apple is one of the worst for that. No one else puts a chip in their cable so they have to reverse engineer their proprietary cable in order to make generics. That or go through a special training, lol.

I think the chip thing was bs that Apple did that. But it got reverse engineered quickly. But remember their old cables 30pin was just as pricey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm more saying that unless you are an apple fanboy, most don't have 4-5 of the same cable lieing around. I like that the note 3 will accept that 2.0 cables I have laying around for everything else I own. Sure it has the 3.0 cable, but it is backwards compatible is all anyone is saying. As opposed to for example the iPhone 5.

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Dale Griggs could you please stop spreading LIES? Thank you!

The Note 3 has a micro USB 3.0 port and it will also be able to use older micro USB cables.

Posted via Android Central App

It wasn't my lie, it was the Monoprice "expert" who didn't know **** about USB 3.0.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Did anybody mention Apple in this thread or you just can't help yourself?

I could not resist because I truly feel xxxxx gouges customers on their proprietary crap. I feel USB 3.0 will be an excellent addition to the GN3 and look forward to having it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the chip thing was bs that Apple did that. But it got reverse engineered quickly. But remember their old cables 30pin was just as pricey.

It did get reverse engineered but it has also been proven that non-xxxxx accessories have damaged devices and xxxxx can void your warranty if proven. I prefer to get a generic USB 2.0/3.0 cable for a few dollars since its standards based.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

It's like Memory Stick all over again, lol. I can't wait to see what usb 3.0 has in store. Interested to see what this does to the Android ecosystem (if more and more adopt the cable).

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
So should we be able to see any difference in charging rate while using it with the included wall adapter, or only when hooked up to a USB 3.0 equipped computer?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress