Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: USB 3.0

The unboxing video had a usb 3.0 cable in the box don't know how long it is though

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

FYI folks, don't get excited on USB 3.0 until some benchmarks come around. Also remember that if you have a traditional hard drive your peak performance won't be that earth shattering.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

True, but at least it's not a $29 proprietary cable like apple does.
    crester and James1463 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Did anybody mention Apple in this thread or you just can't help yourself?

Honestly, he has a point. I don't think there is a hidden message there, just a good point. I'm glad as well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    crester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayp1306 View Post
    Honestly, he has a point. I don't think there is a hidden message there, just a good point. I'm glad as well.

Right because you can't buy generic cables for a couple dollars like the 4-5 I have floating around in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Right because you can't buy generic cables for a couple dollars like the 4-5 I have floating around in the house.
    Woah there, simmer down now lol. It's common fact that Apple is one of the worst for that. No one else puts a chip in their cable so they have to reverse engineer their proprietary cable in order to make generics. That or go through a special training, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    Woah there, simmer down now lol. It's common fact that Apple is one of the worst for that. No one else puts a chip in their cable so they have to reverse engineer their proprietary cable in order to make generics. That or go through a special training, lol.
    I think the chip thing was bs that Apple did that. But it got reverse engineered quickly. But remember their old cables 30pin was just as pricey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm more saying that unless you are an apple fanboy, most don't have 4-5 of the same cable lieing around. I like that the note 3 will accept that 2.0 cables I have laying around for everything else I own. Sure it has the 3.0 cable, but it is backwards compatible is all anyone is saying. As opposed to for example the iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    Dale Griggs could you please stop spreading LIES? Thank you!

The Note 3 has a micro USB 3.0 port and it will also be able to use older micro USB cables.

Posted via Android Central App
    It wasn't my lie, it was the Monoprice "expert" who didn't know **** about USB 3.0.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Did anybody mention Apple in this thread or you just can't help yourself?
    I could not resist because I truly feel xxxxx gouges customers on their proprietary crap. I feel USB 3.0 will be an excellent addition to the GN3 and look forward to having it.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I think the chip thing was bs that Apple did that. But it got reverse engineered quickly. But remember their old cables 30pin was just as pricey.

It did get reverse engineered but it has also been proven that non-xxxxx accessories have damaged devices and xxxxx can void your warranty if proven. I prefer to get a generic USB 2.0/3.0 cable for a few dollars since its standards based.

It's like Memory Stick all over again, lol. I can't wait to see what usb 3.0 has in store. Interested to see what this does to the Android ecosystem (if more and more adopt the cable).
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7

So should we be able to see any difference in charging rate while using it with the included wall adapter, or only when hooked up to a USB 3.0 equipped computer?

Samsung sells a standard micro usb cable for $20, which admittedly is cheaper but still overpriced.

With Samsung as with Apple, you can buy cheaper from other sources. Granted Samsung isn't proprietary, but still overpriced .

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Ok, but first of all if you are dumb enough to order a microUSB 2.0 cable from Samsung when you can clearly buy one from anywhere for like $2-5 then you deserve to get ripped off. Now that said I went to Amazon.com and order a Samsung 2A charger and a mircoUSB 2.0 cable for like $5 so you can get the a true Samsung OEM product with charging port for 75% less than you suggested and about 83% less than that other company charges for proprietary crap.

Amazon.com: ETA-U90JWE

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Ok, but first of all if you are dumb enough to order a microUSB 2.0 cable from Samsung when you can clearly buy one from anywhere for like $2-5 then you deserve to get ripped off. Now that said I went to Amazon.com and order a Samsung 2A charger and a mircoUSB 2.0 cable for like $5 so you can get the a true Samsung OEM product with charging port for 75% less than you suggested and about 83% less than that other company charges for proprietary crap.

You get what you pay for with chargers on Amazon. Most of them are knockoffs that do not perform like the product they are claiming it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

None of those are sold by Amazon, all by third party. Chances of a knock off are high. For stuff that is easy to knock off, I only buy from major retailers like Amazon, Newegg, etc. not through third parties.

I have gotten an apple lightning cable and charger free from a previous deal, and there were deals for $5 for lightning cable with charger as well. These were not genuine apple, but still decent quality third party from Kensington and Belkin.

Personally I would prefer buying decent third party over potentially knock off charger /cable

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Actually Amazon does fulfill some of them so they have them in their stock. Not every product is fake, but if I did get one I would know how to spot it and would send it back and notify Amazon.com it was a fake.

That is awesome news. My laptop has (2) USB 3.0 ports and that is great for file transfers indeed.
    Raptor, I was thinking about adding a pci usb 3.0 card to my desktop, but I don't transfer too many files. Do you think it would be worthwhile or shall I just get by with the 2.0?

Actually Amazon does fulfill some of them so they have them in their stock. Not every product is fake, but if I did get one I would know how to spot it and would send it back and notify Amazon.com it was a fake.
    Fulfillment by Amazon means the seller has store the item at Amazon's warehouse and Amazon is handling shipping and handling.

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    Raptor, I was thinking about adding a pci usb 3.0 card to my desktop, but I don't transfer too many files. Do you think it would be worthwhile or shall I just get by with the 2.0?
    USB 3.0 is more than worthwhile. The only thing that will be limited is two factors. The speed capabilities of your sata port and hard drive and the speed of the USB 3.0 device. I have a flash drive that has is pushing 200mb write speeds on usb 3.0.

Although FBA is shipped from amazon warehouse, FBA is still third party. Some of the fakes are really hard to distinguish. Also, it could be a Samsung charger but rejected by Samsung for not meeting their specs.

I personally don't want to take a chance with knock offs. There was a death linked to a 3rd party charger. Sure, the chances are slim, but to me, not worth it to buy a charger of potentially questionable origin.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Fulfillment by Amazon means the seller has store the item at Amazon's warehouse and Amazon is handling shipping and handling.
    I do understand what it means. I did some digging and found this one listed on Amazon.com's site Amazon.com: Samsung OEM 2.0 Amp Travel Charger with Detachable Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2 II, Galaxy S3 S III, Galaxy S3 Mini & Other Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories the useful information is how well the pictures have comments on them noting the difference between fake and original OEM products. Well I took the time and compared the one I got from Amazon.com reseller today not only to the images in the link above but also to my other Samsung 2A charger and cable. Guess what it matches what a true OEM legit Samsung product should look like. So for the price I paid I feel confident in what I got.
    Thanked by:
    Notrega likes this.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

As someone who works in the tech industry I can tell you knockoffs are not worth the risk, I simply offered up what is an acceptable product choices and personally Samsung charging their money is still better than what apple does for a single cable. Samsung offers the charger and a cable for a bit more than just a cable alone from fruit and co.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast