Combo deals with Galaxy Gear

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So Phones4U in Europe is doing a preorder incentive where you get a case and speakers and money off of the Gear if you preorder the Note 3. Now I don't believe we will see that good of a deal but I would be curious in knowing if there may be a deal if you buy both the Note 3 and Gear and sign a contract. I am not super interested in the Gear, but it is intriguing at least and if it wasn't outrageously priced then I'd consider it. I see deals at AT&T all the time for speakers at discounts and tablets at discounts with new 2 year agreement and specific phones, but my question is do you guys think there will be deals for this and if so what carriers and what kind of deal? Also, if you find a deal somewhere then please share it here so we can all partake. I know I will be searching far and wide (even though I claim I don't really care for the gear :-[ )

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
IF, its a DEAL, then I will sign up no questions asked, I mean its a few bucks (few hundred) but hey its something for the weekend.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
IF, its a DEAL, then I will sign up no questions asked, I mean its a few bucks (few hundred) but hey its something for the weekend.

Can't see a combo being more than 100$ total off. MAYBE $50 off each? More likely though it will be 50/100$ off just the watch when you order them together.

The phone is going to sell no matter what, but the watch they are going to try hard to push, to get as many early adopters as possible.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I would be in for that if they knocked off $100 on the watch for Sprint. I don't really like the design or UI of the Qualcomm, Pebble, or Sony smartwatch 2, so it would either be the Gear or whatever Google has up their sleeve.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I would be in for that if they knocked off $100 on the watch for Sprint. I don't really like the design or UI of the Qualcomm, Pebble, or Sony smartwatch 2, so it would either be the Gear or whatever Google has up their sleeve.

I'm going to wait for Google as well. The gear looks to be a pretty good first attempt at a true smart watch, But not exactly what I am looking for. Something that includes a BPM and is 100% waterproof would be ideal for me as I want to take full advantage of the health aspect of the device. Plus most of the major apps I use are part of the Google ecosystem, so I imagine they will be tightly integrated with whatever google comes out with.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Considering Google still can't get Glass out the door in a full user experience, it took them a year to get the developer edition out, then went nuts on the restrictions and maybe it will be a retail product in 2014 IF we are lucky. Since Google doesn't seem to take the designed by approach with a fabricator making it for them, I could see Moto doing the smartwatch, though the moto activ wasn't anything special.

If they are offering $100 off the watch I will likely get one (black of course) with my GN3 in black and it will match my GN10.1 in . . . you guess it black.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Probably wont see those at launch, but I would say around blackfriday you could see those kinds of deals. For me personally, unless it was something like buy both for $400, I'm not going to bother. While the gear looks nice, I just really dont see a use case for that makes sense, but if it was really cheap I would get one just to have it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Calling in here at 9am EST and they are not ready for the launch, no pre-order page, telesales isn't ready and the deal is you can get the GN3 + Galaxy Gear for $599 or the GN3 for $299 so $100 off the GG watch. Not bad and I will probably get one.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
599 is not a 100 off the note 3 will be 299 on contact and the watch is 300. Now 499 would be a 100 off :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You know what you are correct sir, so oh well I still got the bundle and I can always return the watch if I don't want it. Disappointed in my math skills today.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
seems a bit steep to me.....for $499 for the combo i might have jumped, but $599 just too much for an "accessory" that i'm not sure i'll really like....

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree, Verizon SHOULD have given us a break on the GG bundle, but as usual they don't, won't and never will. I have 14 days after arrival to return the GG if I don't think its worth keeping.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
It's disappointing that carriers would mislead their customers into a bundle that isn't really a true bundle, meaning pricing is exclusive to getting things together. At this point it's just purchasing the two together without any benefit.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree and while I was not happy with the price point, I can simply return it if I don't like it. But now I am hearing the GN3 has an embedded SIM card which to me boggles the mind. That is stupid and I am not swapping out an entire phone if the SIM goes bad which they can and will do quite often. What if you want to switch LTE phones the SIM gets deactivated after 24 hours so what is Verizon going to do then.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting a lot better price than $599 .... full boat for the watch that is at the most at this time a gimmick! A year from now when they have the Gear perfected, it will be a lot better & selling for $199 without a bundle & $149 bundled!

Cheers, Jon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX