kikaha 
    Connert likes this.

Default Re: FYI...verizon ship date for preorders 10/10/13

I was expecting a lot worse.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Roundpotato View Post
    I was expecting a lot worse.
    yeah, i know....but man i hate waiting now begins the "maybe it will ship early" speculation.....ha

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Well last year they started pre-orders in October with an end of November delivery. So they are getting the pre-orders going early, and 10-10 could always jump to 10-3. Verizon has been beating it's own launch dates lately.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Yes this is one of the cases I wish Samsung was indeed more like apple, announce one week ship the next. Samsung should make the U.S. a first day launch country though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was about to post something very similar. I keep coming back to this forum every 30 minutes or so just to see if there is any new information. Searching the Internet for new photos, cases, and any other Note 3 info. It's going to be a VERY LONG MONTH!

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Speaking of shipping - how's VZW's shipping speed? I've never ordered a phone off of their site and considering shipping is free, I've got no clue how long it'll take afterwards. Since the 10th is a Thursday and I leave for a trip the next day for the weekend, I won't be able to get mine assuming they ship on the 10th. Not to mention no one will be home to sign for it so that probably pushes me back a day for getting it.

Anyone with previous preorder experience?
    Current Phone: Verizon HTC One M8
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTongue View Post
    Speaking of shipping - how's VZW's shipping speed? I've never ordered a phone off of their site and considering shipping is free, I've got no clue how long it'll take afterwards. Since the 10th is a Thursday and I leave for a trip the next day for the weekend, I won't be able to get mine assuming they ship on the 10th. Not to mention no one will be home to sign for it so that probably pushes me back a day for getting it.

Anyone with previous preorder experience?
    When I pre-ordered the Note 2 last year, shipping was two business days via Fedex. It shipped Nov. 27 and I got it late morning Nov. 29. So if it ships the 10th, delivery would most likely be Monday, 10-14.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    When I pre-ordered the Note 2 last year, shipping was two business days via Fedex. It shipped Nov. 27 and I got it late morning Nov. 29. So if it ships the 10th, delivery would most likely be Monday, 10-14.
    Ah, thanks! I'm crossing my fingers they'll ship a week earlier so I can make use of it during my trip. Either way, it's gonna be a great phone!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i preordered the s3 and it did ship out a few days early which was great, but then when i preordered the note 2 i had hoped for the same thing and no luck it went out exactly on the day....
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Connert View Post
    I was about to post something very similar. I keep coming back to this forum every 30 minutes or so just to see if there is any new information. Searching the Internet for new photos, cases, and any other Note 3 info. It's going to be a VERY LONG MONTH!

Posted via Android Central App
    me too....hahahaha... hope they put a simulation on the samsung site like there was for the note 2....that was fun for a while.

Verizon ships next day and it arrives the next day. It always has for me.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

I would assume that when the Verizon distribution centers start getting their shipments in, the pre-orders will ship out at the same time as the local stores. I can't imagine in any circumstances the stores selling them before pre-orders are received.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

The point of pre-orders is to get the phone on launch day. Since 10/10 is the current launch day and based on past online orders it would ship 1-2 days in advance and arrive on 10/10. Now it's possible Verizon could speed up the launch window to say 10/3 to be more inline with the other carriers who have now stepped up to undercut Verizon's launch data window.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    The point of pre-orders is to get the phone on launch day. Since 10/10 is the current launch day and based on past online orders it would ship 1-2 days in advance and arrive on 10/10. Now it's possible Verizon could speed up the launch window to say 10/3 to be more inline with the other carriers who have now stepped up to undercut Verizon's launch data window.
    That's what I'm hoping for like they did with the s3. That's the only reason I chose to pre-order instead of getting it from Best Buy on release day like I usually do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Its the only thing that makes sense and I have pre-ordered devices before and had it on launch day, sometimes customers get them a day or so early. I am hoping Verizon steps up and cuts that release date by a week, and simply goes to in store on 10/10 as a way of thanking pre-order customers or better yet, those of us (suckers) who order the GG + GN3 combo should get them early
    Thanked by:
    buzzy3970 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Its the only thing that makes sense and I have pre-ordered devices before and had it on launch day, sometimes customers get them a day or so early. I am hoping Verizon steps up and cuts that release date by a week, and simply goes to in store on 10/10 as a way of thanking pre-order customers or better yet, those of us (suckers) who order the GG + GN3 combo should get them early
    I just ordered the GN3, but I completely agree with you. The big V has been pretty good over the years on pre-orders. Never forget my expierence with the BB storm... I got the devise early, but it was one defective devise after another... I think I went through 4-5 before I was fully fuctional.

Can't wait for the GN3...

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Verizon ships via FedEx, correct? Considering I'm always at work around the usual FedEx time, I was wondering: I found on some iPhone thread. Is it possible to just tack this up on my front/back door and I'll be good to go?

Can you not receive packages at your place of work?

That's what I do -- works out great and I don't have to worry about someone stealing my packages.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca Horkan View Post
    Can you not receive packages at your place of work?

That's what I do -- works out great and I don't have to worry about someone stealing my packages.
    Unfortunately, no. They don't exactly like personal packages being shipped to our office for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTongue View Post
    Unfortunately, no. They don't exactly like personal packages being shipped to our office for some reason.

Dang, that sucks.

Hopefully your FedEx driver will like you're "form" but I've read on other forums that sometimes drivers just don't do it.

Good luck!

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca Horkan View Post
    Dang, that sucks.

Hopefully your FedEx driver will like you're "form" but I've read on other forums that sometimes drivers just don't do it.

Good luck!
    Our FedEx driver is usually the same guy - and he's pretty good with leaving packages out of sight, so hopefully I'll be good. Otherwise, what's another day? Haha.

I've also called FedEx before and I've had them put notes on packages previously - I just wish my address would register with their Delivery Manager so I could authorize release online. Eh, either way, this phone is going to rock! Let's hope VZW ships it out early!

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

That form may work. Another option is to call Fed Ex once you get tracking from Verizon and have them hold it at your local Fed Ex hub. Don't forget if delivering to a residence Verizon does in fact require a signature so that form may work since its a waiver otherwise you will get it another day later.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Just hope you don't have a shady FedEx delivery person who can just take the form and keep the package.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

ROM
    CM10

That form has worked for me in the past several times without issue.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast