Any news on 64GB version releases?

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I just need to know what people are going to do with 64 GB of storage?? Then put an sd card on top of that?? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just need to know what people are going to do with 64 GB of storage?? Then put an sd card on top of that?? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Some people like to have all their media local on the phone to cut down on streaming/cloud needs and data costs. Having a 1080p screen those movies can take up some space. Add some music, pictures, videos and now 4k videos and that phone can fill up fast.
Get into ROMs/Kernels/Backups and rooting and those will take up space. My last backup on my gnex was 4 gigs! It gets out of control.
Also i know people that don't count the MicroSd because they have had card issues in the past and don't consider the SD card a reliable place to store things.
So yeah, to some people, having maximum local storage is a big deal, I personally don't need it, but some do.

To answer the actual thread question, the N3 is not considered a high volume phone. What carrier do you have? You have a better chance of sprint and At&t carrying the 64 then Verizon. Verizon carried 1 size of the N2 and never went beyond that. Not saying it won't happen, but if it does look for it about 30-45 days after initial release.

eawortman

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

It's probably overkill with a phone that has expandable storage, but the choice of more storage is always welcomed. On other platforms I have been using a 64 gb phone for about two years. Most of my storage is eaten up by video podcasts, offline Evernote when traveling, pictures and PDF manuals for work. Higher quality Audible books and cached Spotify can eat it up as well.

I would get the 64 if they offered it on AT&T, but I doubt they will. For me I think the expansion will suffice.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh all those reasons make sense. I guess I'm just getting used to the cloud and when I'm at work I'm always on Wi-Fi anyways. I would be happy with the 32 GB version and my 32 GB SD card. Plenty of space for me.

br3ndo702

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I agree. 32gb is plenty. Especially if you have all your music and photos thrown on a SD card. Wtf???

Sent from my HTC ONE.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The reason we want lots of onboard storage is apps. There are a lot of them out there. After the S4 fiasco where users only get about 9 GB of storage, Samsung did the right thing by eliminating the 16 GB model.

To me it's all about the games. You have a huge screen, lots of ram, and a fast processor and gpu, perfect for gaming. Games that take full advantage of this type of hardware are huge, some of them need as much as 5 GB, and you can't install these games on the sd card. I am not even close to having all the games I own installed on my Note 2, and I have less than 1 GB left on my device. I set the camera to save all pics and videos I take with it to be saved on the sd card, makes it easy to move all your stuff from one phone to the next one. I don't want to take the time to store all my media on a cloud service, not because there isn't enough space (I have 1 TB of cloud storage available to me) but because it takes forever to upload it and because I rather have fast access to it directly from the card.

Memory is cheap, so give us plenty of it and don't stick everything into the cloud.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I for one would carry a lot more games for down time, but I also carry a lot of work related apps so the more the merrier.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not that I've seen any 64GB version but I'm also not exactly patient either because I buy it on the day it's released.

Hopefully, by the time I'm done with LG G2 say in 4-6 months, I don't have to look hard for a 64GB Note 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781