verizon note 3 will have embedded sim cards

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I was also worried about the embedded wording. I positive that just means the phone comes with a sim installed. It it's not removable mine will be going right back as well but I doubt that will be the case

Jay A whY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Those with the embedded SIM listed on your pre-order, was that a dummy phone upgrade?

Anyone with an LTE to LTE upgrade here have anything different listed on their pre-order? (DIRECTSIM4G-D)

Mine was a dummy phone upgrade on an additional line with embedded SIM listed.

Sent from my iPhone 5

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Those with the embedded SIM listed on your pre-order, was that a dummy phone upgrade?

Anyone with an LTE to LTE upgrade here have anything different listed on their pre-order? (DIRECTSIM4G-D)

Mine was a dummy phone upgrade on an additional line with embedded SIM listed.

Sent from my iPhone 5
Mine was a full retail purchase over the phone. But I remember when looking through the process online, there was a point where it asked if you wanted to use your previous sim or not, and if you planned on using it internationally. Maybe that could tell us something?

Anyone here choose to keep using your existing sim, and have a confirmation that doesn't list "embedded sim"?

Everyone who has "embedded sim" listed, did you opt for a new sim to be included?

I didnt ask for or deny one, so I'm assuming they just included one with the order. Maybe this thread can be pointed out to someone higher up at VZW?

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
FWIW,

When I ordered online to replace my Droid DNA part of the order process said your current SIM is compatible with the Note 3. Do you wish to use the same SIM?

That tells me definitely removable.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
FWIW,

When I ordered online to replace my Droid DNA part of the order process said your current SIM is compatible with the Note 3. Do you wish to use the same SIM?

That tells me definitely removable.

Which option did you opt for, and what did your order confirmation say?

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't complete the order online.

Online thinks I have an incompatible plan because I have the Mexico 1000 option on my account.
Had to call in to complete.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine was a full retail purchase over the phone. But I remember when looking through the process online, there was a point where it asked if you wanted to use your previous sim or not, and if you planned on using it internationally. Maybe that could tell us something?

Anyone here choose to keep using your existing sim, and have a confirmation that doesn't list "embedded sim"?

Everyone who has "embedded sim" listed, did you opt for a new sim to be included?

I didnt ask for or deny one, so I'm assuming they just included one with the order. Maybe this thread can be pointed out to someone higher up at VZW?

i had no questions about the sim....just if i was going to use the phone internationally....

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
i had no questions about the sim....just if i was going to use the phone internationally....

OK. So if someone here has chosen to use their current sim, and does not have the "embedded sim" listing in their order confirmation, that may give us the answer. :)

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
OK. So if someone here has chosen to use their current sim, and does not have the "embedded sim" listing in their order confirmation, that may give us the answer. :)

i wish i had been able to make the choice to use my current sim.....who knows, hopefully this is just a matter of verizon using odd wording.

scarrow666

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I pre-ordered it online to replace my DNA as well and I elected to keep my existing sim card and it does still say "Embedded SIM" on my order. I have no doubt that it is removable however and mine shouldn't actually have a SIM card already in it.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
People like me can and will continue shaking in our boots, but the truth of the matter is that we ain't gonna know nothing until actual phones show up.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i called verizon back and this one told me that the note 3 will have a removable sim card, i said but it says embedded sim card on my confirmation. he said well that means a sim card will come in the phone. i asked, so i will be able to take it out.. he said yes.....

not sure what the real story is...now i'm confused......

Your asking reps that are guessing. Wait till reviewers have it in their hands and tell you.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Your asking reps that are guessing. Wait till reviewers have it in their hands and tell you.

yes, i agree....i know i started the doomsday thread, but it just caught me totally off guard to get any waffling from the reps. figured they'd just tell me that the wording was confusing and that of course i could use my existing sim ......

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't think so. Because they usually break it off the big card and activate it before putting it in the phone. I know up until 4glte Verizon didn't use removable Sim cards.. So to me the old phones were imbedded. These are new to be activated and installed. It is diff that the Sim on the droids I'd behind the volume rocker. But I guess it was less space to take up

Using my Moto Droid Maxx

Since Verizon started using Sim cards every Verizon phone that I've ever purchased from BestBuy has always come with a preinstalled Sim card already inside the phone. No matter if its been bought in the actual store or shipped from their warehouse...its always come with a Sim.
I'm thinking it was a bad choice to use "Embedded" as I am pretty sure it is only implying that it has a preinstalled sim ...which is removable and able to be replaced...without having to replace the entire phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Since Verizon started using Sim cards every Verizon phone that I've ever purchased from BestBuy has always come with a preinstalled Sim card already inside the phone. No matter if its been bought in the actual store or shipped from their warehouse...its always come with a Sim.
I'm thinking it was a bad choice to use "Embedded" as I am pretty sure it is only implying that it has a preinstalled sim ...which is removable and able to be replaced...without having to replace the entire phone.

It wouldn't make sense since the phones now a days have all the radios (well mostly) so you can travel internationally easier.

If you couldn't remove the SIM then you couldn't use the international carriers which would not make customers happy especially since the phone has the radio to do so.