Galaxy Gear uses

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If I understand it correctly, Galaxy Gear only works if you also have the Galaxy Note 3. So, you can't really replace your phone with the watch. With that in mind, I'm curious how do people think that they would use the watch? Would it just be something that would be useful when you're on the go and don't have time to get your phone out of your pocket? Is it something that would be useful if you worked in particular professions? I don't think it would be useful to me, but it clearly has a lot of appeal to other people. I'm just curious...

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
At launch it will only be compatible with the Note 3, but overtime they will try to expand it to most galaxy devices.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Gear (GG) will pair with the GN3 at lauch, the GN10.1 2014 Edition (both run 4.3) and starting in October Samsung is going to push 4.3JB out to the GS3 & GS4 so that makes the GG more appealing to existing device users. Perhaps this will also be a carrot to get the carriers (US ones in particular) to roll that 4.3 update out asap.

Samsung has also stated that they will make it possible to pair with other devices (other OEM's devices that is) later on. Likely they will need to support JB 4.3 on other devices as a separate app. Of course I would expect apple to NEVER support anything other than ios.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
looks like a fun toy to me, but a little spendy .....if it had been cheaper i might have been tempted for the fun factor, but frankly i'd rather have a new tablet etc

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to use it for skiing so I don't have to take my phone out to control music and keep in contact with others. I hope it is water resistant.

Posted via Android Central App