Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Raptor007
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 Will Debut New Radio Power Management System, Uses 20% Less Power

Interesting. We'll see what a difference it makes.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 Will Debut New Radio Power Management System, Uses 20% Less Power

Sounds good, hopefully it won't affect radio performance. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II had excellent radios, even better than my Motorola Droid razr maxx

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Awesome. Definitely looking forward to getting this.

Sent from my HTC ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Sounds good, hopefully it won't affect radio performance. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II had excellent radios, even better than my Motorola Droid razr maxx

That's good to hear as that's one of my main concerns switching over to the Note 3 from my Razr Maxx.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I see this as nothing but positive for battery life and heat related issues. The radio will only boost and draw more power and needed and that is critical. Hopefully other OEM's will do the same and adopt this technology.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I see this as nothing but positive for battery life and heat related issues. The radio will only boost and draw more power and needed and that is critical. Hopefully other OEM's will do the same and adopt this technology.
    Agreed. With my S3 it changes 4G and 3G pretty frequently on my drive from school to my apartment. The phone can get pretty damn hot at times. Less heat and better battery life is A-okay to me!
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

The article says the new radios should lead to even better signal reliability as well. This is great to hear since Samsung almost lost me forever after the Radio disaster in the LTE Gnex. I know things have improved in general since then, but its good to see even better reception may be possible since my friend gets a pretty solid signal on his S4 in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    That's good to hear as that's one of my main concerns switching over to the Note 3 from my Razr Maxx.
    I was nervous about switching from my Motorola Bionic to the Note 2 but the signal reception is actually better on the Note 2. Hopefully with this new radio technology the Note 3 will be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by GBH2 View Post
    I was nervous about switching from my Motorola Bionic to the Note 2 but the signal reception is actually better on the Note 2. Hopefully with this new radio technology the Note 3 will be as good.
    Thanks. Feeling better about my purchase. My neighbor across the street has the GS4 and says he has no issues. Now if it would hurry up and get here so I could stop drooling over my wife's Droid Maxx. Lol.

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    The article says the new radios should lead to even better signal reliability as well. This is great to hear since Samsung almost lost me forever after the Radio disaster in the LTE Gnex. I know things have improved in general since then, but its good to see even better reception may be possible since my friend gets a pretty solid signal on his S4 in my area.
    They gnex had a subpar radio, as did the Thunderbolt. Recent order phones are much better. Even the rezound which came out before the gnex had a better radio.

Scott Kenyon likes this.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

They gnex had a subpar radio, as did the Thunderbolt. Recent order phones are much better. Even the rezound which came out before the gnex had a better radio.

Yes, I was aware of the sub par radio in the Gnex. It was just a little upsetting that a company as big as samsung let something like that out in the first place. Hand offs are terrible. As I mentioned above I know radios are leaps and bounds better since then, especially in the S4, I am just glad to see more advancement being made when it comes to the LTE side of things. Anything to help battery when on the actual LTE network is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Yes, I was aware of the sub par radio in the Gnex. It was just a little upsetting that a company as big as samsung let something like that out in the first place. Hand offs are terrible. As I mentioned above I know radios are leaps and bounds better since then, especially in the S4, I am just glad to see more advancement being made when it comes to the LTE side of things. Anything to help battery when on the actual LTE network is good news.
    So did HTC with the Thunderbolt...

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

So did HTC with the Thunderbolt...

The thunderbolt was the first LTE phone on Verizon. I specifically passed on that phone because it was the first phone on a brand new network and i expected problems, because there was nothing on the market to compare it to. This was a hard pass up for me as well, because i live in a LTE launch city. That was a mess of a phone as well. But i just expected more from the Gnex (although it was only 8 months later being released), even the radio "updates" would seem to fix one thing and break something else. I'll be glad when i retire this phone, thats for sure.

I still have my gnex and the 3rd most frustrating thing (behind the battery & heat issues) about it, is the radio. I can be in the middle of Kroger or Meijer or any other store and not be able to make/take a call -- yet, lots of other people around me are making/taking calls!

This was one of my big fears with getting another phone...I'd be stuck with another phone that had sucky reception. I'm definitely happy to hear about new/better radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca Horkan View Post
    I still have my gnex and the 3rd most frustrating thing (behind the battery & heat issues) about it, is the radio. I can be in the middle of Kroger or Meijer or any other store and not be able to make/take a call -- yet, lots of other people around me are making/taking calls!

This was one of my big fears with getting another phone...I'd be stuck with another phone that had sucky reception. I'm definitely happy to hear about new/better radio.
    They are all interrelated. Weak signal used more power which creates heat and decreases battery life