Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: How many are going to hold off until a good promotion to get the note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    Be Strong!!
    I hope I don't happen into an AT&T store or, heaven forbid, a Best Buy. I might black out or something. ...wake up all woozy somewhere in the back seat of my car with a brand new My Precious...I...I...well...I mean a Note 3. These next couple of months will be quite the test. ...quite the test indeed.

I know I'm gonna want it as soon as I see it so best to avoid seeing it for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Live long and prosper.

Default Re: How many are going to hold off until a good promotion to get the note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Contract device refers to buying a phone on contract at subsidized pricing (i. E. $300 for the note 3). Store sales should know. Whether or not they do... That's another story. Or in my case, they conveniently forgot when the rules applied. Good thing I read through all the terms so I knew when they were giving inaccurate information (whether intentional or accidental)

Best Buy and Costco have no secondary etf. They are the only third party that I know of that don't.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    So, does this say that pm doesn't apply to phones purchased (upgraded) on contract, i.e., further 2yr extension?

I am going to wait until Black Friday. T-mobile had a good deal on Note 2's and SGS3's last year. It wasn't a camp overnight thing either.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm gonna try to wait but I'll make no guarantees...

3VO via Android Central App

HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen) > HTC EVO3D (eventual insurance replacement)
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16gb
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can you, guys, please decipher your acronyms?
    Deleted again. Question was already answered.

3VO via Android Central App

HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen) > HTC EVO3D (eventual insurance replacement)
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16gb
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock

Global Posts
    5,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I once considered the GN 8 but the lack of 32GB devices in the US just pissed me off. Now the GN10.1 2014 Edition will be coming with far better specs so that combined with a GN3 will meet my needs for a long time. I would love to get it at BB and rack up my reward points, but I just didn't want to wait and HOPE they had stock or some promo going on. To much happening to deal with trying to get to the store in time.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

So, does this say that pm doesn't apply to phones purchased (upgraded) on contract, i.e., further 2yr extension?
    Currently and until the beginning of November, best buy will price match local competitors pricing for contract phones.

' Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Low Price Guarantee?
    Yes. At the time of purchase, Best Buy Mobile Stores will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price of contract mobile phone devices from local retail competitors, including mall kiosks. Valid for purchases made between May 23, 2013 - November 2, 2013. Contract mobile phone plans and the online pricing for contract mobile phones are excluded. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Low Price Guarantee apply."

Other than BB and Verizon stores and maybe Staples and Walmart, I can't think of any local stores that sell phones, so we practically have no local competitors to speak of.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Other than BB and Verizon stores and maybe Staples and Walmart, I can't think of any local stores that sell phones, so we practically have no local competitors to speak of.
    Costco, Sam's Club, Frys, Target,apple store, Microsoft Store, and Radio Shack in my area sell contract phones. There are also smaller stores

You don't have a target or radioshack close by? They have good sales from time to time too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Costco, Sam's Club, Frys, Target,apple store, Microsoft Store, and Radio Shack in my area sell contract phones. There are also smaller stores

Yes, I forgot Sam's Club, Target, and Radio Shack. As to the latter, it seems everything is more expensive at Radio Shack. At to Costco, I take it there must be a local store to be consider a local competition. We don't have one.

Default When I verify it has no issues, I will be buying it.

I am an unlimited user and will be buying 2 so I want to allow those who get it first verify it has no bugs, or at least reveal which ones to look for when I do get mine. As an unlimited Verizon user, I want to make sure it is a solid phone before buying 2. I have a rezound now and can't wait to go to the Note 3. My blue tooth hasn't worked in forever and I really miss it. I am also looking forward to all the upgrades it comes with over my rezound. Bluetooth 4 here I come......

I am surprised that no one feels like I do in that there is no big reason to get a Note 3 until Sprint gets LTE in my area. All summer, and now into the fall, it is, "by the end of the month, by the end of the month". I am in no hurry to subsist only on 3G. And at this point we are ten weeks from Black Friday.

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by jim2112 View Post
    ...I have a rezound now and can't wait to go to the Note 3. My blue tooth hasn't worked in forever and I really miss it. I am also looking forward to all the upgrades it comes with over my rezound. Bluetooth 4 here I come......
    I thought the Rezound was fairly new...too new to be having such problems. Who makes it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Friderichsohn View Post
    I am surprised that no one feels like I do in that there is no big reason to get a Note 3 until Sprint gets LTE in my area. All summer, and now into the fall, it is, "by the end of the month, by the end of the month". I am in no hurry to subsist only on 3G. And at this point we are ten weeks from Black Friday.
    Sprint...I gave them a chance...waste of 2 months on their pathetic network...2 months I'll never get back.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    Live long and prosper.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I thought the Rezound was fairly new...too new to be having such problems. Who makes it?

Sprint...I gave them a chance...waste of 2 months on their pathetic network...2 months I'll never get back.

HTC made the rezound. I had two new exchanges within the return period from Costco for manufacturers defects.

HTC made the rezound. I had two new exchanges within the return period from Costco for manufacturers defects.

Wow, I had no idea. My Rezound has always done some odd things, and now I'm particularly ready to leave it behind.

I am going to wait until Feb 2014 because that's when I am eligible for an upgrade from AT&T. I guess that is a good thing because I will get to see what the new Nexus will be like. I am 99.85% sure my next phone will be a Note 3 (currently a GS3) since the Nexus probably won't have a microSD slot and I need that slot for local storage.

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

It's good HTC has decided they need to produce better quality with the One.

Wow, I had no idea. My Rezound has always done some odd things, and now I'm particularly ready to leave it behind.
    I hear that. The Note 3 should be quite the upgrade.

Live long and prosper.

I'm going to wait for awhile before I get the note 3 I'm happy with my note 2 and hopefully will see some of the new features in a update (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by Huggie87 View Post
    I'm going to wait for awhile before I get the note 3 I'm happy with my note 2 and hopefully will see some of the new features in a update (fingers crossed)

Sadly I thought that would happen after the release of the s4 and it never did

Global Posts
    10,682 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I will probably sell my note 2 the day I can purchase the note 3....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't resist it and ordered it yesterday. Had an upgrade to burn and love my Note 2, so why not. I even took the plunge on the galaxy gear. I currently have the pebble and love the functionality of a smart watch, so figured I would give it a shot. I also backed the hot watch on kickstarter. What can I say i am addicted to new tech!

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnHops View Post
    Couldn't resist it and ordered it yesterday. Had an upgrade to burn and love my Note 2, so why not. I even took the plunge on the galaxy gear. I currently have the pebble and love the functionality of a smart watch, so figured I would give it a shot. I also backed the hot watch on kickstarter. What can I say i am addicted to new tech!
    Awesomez. I have the same affliction. You'll have to report back on how you like that G-Gear.

Live long and prosper.

Will do for sure. Not just counting the days until ship day!

My wild guess that discounts may appear rather sooner than later, in part because the demand for Note 3 isn't going to be as high as was for earlier Notes. Early Notes were qualitatively different products (phablets), and those who wanted that specific quality already have it with earlier models. Most of them aren't going to grab Note 3 at high price.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast