How many are going to hold off until a good promotion to get the note 3?

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
One of my credit cards came out of my wallet this morning talking trash and offered itself to me...for a Note 3. "Take me...have your way with me, for I am yours and offer myself, interest free for 12 months, to YOU." ...but I. Will. Be. Strong. My S4 and Note 8.0 said, "You don't need that ho, and make no mistake, she is a Ho...we have everything you need!"

I...I...want to do the right thing but the Note 3 would be...My Precccciiiooouuussss.

Sent from my Nexus 7

that ho might render the other 2 less useful so it'd depend on if u wanted to be more monogamous with a gn3 or have a menage with the s4 and note8.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably hold off until the Note 4! The Note 3 specs are pretty awesome, but I'm still very happy with my Note 2 and don't see a whole lot of justification right now to spend much to replace it. We'll see, may be that will change in a few months. :)

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably hold off until the Note 4! The Note 3 specs are pretty awesome, but I'm still very happy with my Note 2 and don't see a whole lot of justification right now to spend much to replace it. We'll see, may be that will change in a few months. :)

I can agree with this. I felt I really missed the train with the note 2. I didn't take a hard look at it until almost 5 months in and Verizon held that 299 for while. I couldn't justify paying full price for a phone half way into its cycle. If i had upgraded like i should have i probably wouldn't move on the note 3 either. But coming from a phone thats just short or 2 years old, I'm really hyped up now.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
One of my credit cards came out of my wallet this morning talking trash and offered itself to me...for a Note 3. "Take me...have your way with me, for I am yours and offer myself, interest free for 12 months, to YOU." ...but I. Will. Be. Strong. My S4 and Note 8.0 said, "You don't need that ho, and make no mistake, she is a Ho...we have everything you need!"

I...I...want to do the right thing but the Note 3 would be...My Precccciiiooouuussss.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Be Strong!!

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would really like to get one of these next month but would make sense to wait until the price comes down. Hopefully I can wait that long

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Be Strong!!

I hope I don't happen into an AT&T store or, heaven forbid, a Best Buy. I might black out or something. ...wake up all woozy somewhere in the back seat of my car with a brand new My Precious...I...I...well...I mean a Note 3. These next couple of months will be quite the test. ...quite the test indeed.

I know I'm gonna want it as soon as I see it so best to avoid seeing it for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Contract device refers to buying a phone on contract at subsidized pricing (i. E. $300 for the note 3). Store sales should know. Whether or not they do... That's another story. Or in my case, they conveniently forgot when the rules applied. Good thing I read through all the terms so I knew when they were giving inaccurate information (whether intentional or accidental)

Best Buy and Costco have no secondary etf. They are the only third party that I know of that don't.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

So, does this say that pm doesn't apply to phones purchased (upgraded) on contract, i.e., further 2yr extension?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I once considered the GN 8 but the lack of 32GB devices in the US just pissed me off. Now the GN10.1 2014 Edition will be coming with far better specs so that combined with a GN3 will meet my needs for a long time. I would love to get it at BB and rack up my reward points, but I just didn't want to wait and HOPE they had stock or some promo going on. To much happening to deal with trying to get to the store in time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So, does this say that pm doesn't apply to phones purchased (upgraded) on contract, i.e., further 2yr extension?

Currently and until the beginning of November, best buy will price match local competitors pricing for contract phones.

' Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Low Price Guarantee?
Yes. At the time of purchase, Best Buy Mobile Stores will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price of contract mobile phone devices from local retail competitors, including mall kiosks. Valid for purchases made between May 23, 2013 - November 2, 2013. Contract mobile phone plans and the online pricing for contract mobile phones are excluded. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Low Price Guarantee apply."

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Other than BB and Verizon stores and maybe Staples and Walmart, I can't think of any local stores that sell phones, so we practically have no local competitors to speak of.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Other than BB and Verizon stores and maybe Staples and Walmart, I can't think of any local stores that sell phones, so we practically have no local competitors to speak of.

Costco, Sam's Club, Frys, Target,apple store, Microsoft Store, and Radio Shack in my area sell contract phones. There are also smaller stores

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

You don't have a target or radioshack close by? They have good sales from time to time too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Costco, Sam's Club, Frys, Target,apple store, Microsoft Store, and Radio Shack in my area sell contract phones. There are also smaller stores

Yes, I forgot Sam's Club, Target, and Radio Shack. As to the latter, it seems everything is more expensive at Radio Shack. At to Costco, I take it there must be a local store to be consider a local competition. We don't have one.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
When I verify it has no issues, I will be buying it.

I am an unlimited user and will be buying 2 so I want to allow those who get it first verify it has no bugs, or at least reveal which ones to look for when I do get mine. As an unlimited Verizon user, I want to make sure it is a solid phone before buying 2. I have a rezound now and can't wait to go to the Note 3. My blue tooth hasn't worked in forever and I really miss it. I am also looking forward to all the upgrades it comes with over my rezound. Bluetooth 4 here I come......

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised that no one feels like I do in that there is no big reason to get a Note 3 until Sprint gets LTE in my area. All summer, and now into the fall, it is, "by the end of the month, by the end of the month". I am in no hurry to subsist only on 3G. And at this point we are ten weeks from Black Friday.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
...I have a rezound now and can't wait to go to the Note 3. My blue tooth hasn't worked in forever and I really miss it. I am also looking forward to all the upgrades it comes with over my rezound. Bluetooth 4 here I come......
I thought the Rezound was fairly new...too new to be having such problems. Who makes it?
I am surprised that no one feels like I do in that there is no big reason to get a Note 3 until Sprint gets LTE in my area. All summer, and now into the fall, it is, "by the end of the month, by the end of the month". I am in no hurry to subsist only on 3G. And at this point we are ten weeks from Black Friday.
Sprint...I gave them a chance...waste of 2 months on their pathetic network...2 months I'll never get back.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought the Rezound was fairly new...too new to be having such problems. Who makes it?

Sprint...I gave them a chance...waste of 2 months on their pathetic network...2 months I'll never get back.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

HTC made the rezound. I had two new exchanges within the return period from Costco for manufacturers defects.